The Retail Transformation team are comprised of industry strategic thought leaders that help retailers solve business problems by envisioning, differentiating, and optimizing customer and operational experiences.
The Strategic Consultant is an expert in customer experience design, design thinking, and digital transformation who will initiate and lead business engagements.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead engagement activities in partnership with a team of business consultants and technical architects.
- Own the on-time and on-budget delivery of consulting engagements ensuring quality deliverables and helping to establish deeper, trusted advisor relationships with clients.
- Partner with sales and product experts to guide and develop new consulting opportunities.
- Create thought leadership in coordination with corporate communication and product marketing teams, reflecting deep knowledge and expertise in the retail transformation landscape.
- Establish cross-functional relationships both within NCR and with clients to be viewed as a “go-to” on the topic of retail trends, transformation, customer experience, and business operations efficiency.
- Coach members of the retail transformation team and help promote the development of “tier 1” consulting talent across the NCR organization.
- Deep functional knowledge of business strategy and innovation including customer experience design, process optimization, technology solutions to business problems, organizational design, and change management.
- Experience leading multiple, concurrent engagements and managing associated risks and client expectations.
- Understanding and experience in design thinking and human-centric design practices including facilitating workshops, developing and executing sprints, and agile solutions design.
- Mapping end-to-end journeys inclusive of physical and digital touchpoints both for the customer and for the employee.
- Knowledge and experience managing data-intensive analysis including segmentation, process benchmarking, human factors engineering, and the creation and measurement of ROI and KPIs.
- Experience managing clients, engagements, teams, and peer relationships with a high level of EQ including the ability to empathize, understand power structures, and exert both direct and indirect influence.
- A bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, computer science, engineering, or a field related to modern business skill sets.
- Approximately 8-10 years or more of related work experience with a “Big 4” firm, consulting firm, digital agency, or large global brand in a digital or business transformation role.
- At least three years of experience preparing written or verbal materials, leading a team, and providing formal feedback.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage assigned workstreams and tasks as part of a larger PMO
- Working with cross-functional and cross geography teams.
- Working with senior-level client stakeholders, handling difficult conversations, and resolving issues.
- Coordinating multi-faceted activities and deadlines, anticipating challenges, difficulties, and pressure points.
- Possess strong knowledge & experience in at least 2 of the following areas/capabilities:
- Consumer engagement
- Cloud Computing
- Strategic Strategy and transformation
- Analytics and AI
- Experience Design
- MBA or other graduate work is ideal.