During a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event, PG&E will open Community Resource Centers (CRCs) where community members can access resources during PSPS events, including:
- A safe location to meet their basic power needs, such as charging electronic devices and medical equipment.
- Up-to-date information about the PSPS event and timing of restoration.
- Water, snacks and other essential items to reduce hardships to our customers.
We work with local communities to improve the locations of, availability of, and services provided at our CRCs. PG&E has developed a long-term plan to set up indoor CRCs in permanent, ADA-accessible facilities, as well as outdoor sites in counties across our service territory that may be impacted by PSPS events.
- Works independently with guidance on only the most complex issues
- Leverages contacts within and beyond Company to pressure-test and refine solutions
- Integrates industry knowledge into everyday business practices and decision making
- Examines alternate solutions to issues, effectively troubleshoots various problems, analyses, and provides findings and recommendations for internal clients and external stakeholders
- May develop new analytic tools including forecasting, data analysis, and evaluation to support strategic planning and decision making
- Coordinate CRC activations
- Develop CRC materials, messaging, talking points
- Assist with maintenance of indoor and outdoor CRC project tracker; facilitate site review coordination
- Develop internal/external communication updates
- Create, design and manage approvals of 2021 signage; create new 2021 in-language signage
- Assist coordination of internal stakeholder groups
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years of job-related experience