The Strategic Alliances Manager - Federal is responsible for leading sales opportunities of the FireEye-Mandiant capabilities with a focus on Sell-Through with Federal Systems Integrators (FSIs). Specifically, this position is responsible for driving relationships with key FSIs to assess and capture strategic opportunities that satisfy mission-critical cybersecurity requirements for programs that support federal agencies (DOD-IC, Civilian). The successful Alliances Manager will be a highly motivated sales leader with a strategic and tactical mindset: nurturing partnerships to succeed over the long-term but pivoting to near-term opportunities as they develop. The Alliances Manager is expected to sell the full suite of FireEye-Mandiant capabilities and must influence FSIs to tell the FireEye-Mandiant story in order to suit customer needs and result in revenue generation.
- Understand the Federal System Integrator (FSI) market and the public sector initiatives and programs that will drive the greatest revenue for FireEye;
- Understand the FireEye-Mandiant story, technologies and capabilities;
- Build & Maintain Relationships within key FSI Accounts, the FSI business model and sales cycle;
- Build relationships with the business development and program teams within the System Integrators
- Be the point of contact for FireEye Mandiant for System Integrators for program business in the public sector market
- Push awareness in the FSI community to elevate FireEye-Madiant’s strategic position with key FSI partners: drive executive capture & technology relationships, push go-to-market solutions that will allow System Integrators to discriminate in the public sector market and influence end-user customer requirements
- Assist with public sector program sales strategies
- Understand the key existing programs in the Federal market and the System Integrators who hold the contracts;
- Develop relationships with System Integrator program leadership
- 8 – 10 years of federal accounts sales experience with customers of varied account sizes with a focus on selling through Federal Systems Integrators for the last 3+ years
- Ability to successfully complete sales meetings and presentations
- Understand the sales process, with acute listening and sales skills
- Instinctive understanding of customer service and satisfaction, with ability to manage both
- BS/BA or higher level degree in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) strongly preferred
- Relevant FireEye or vendor certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Netapp, VMWare) preferred
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and concerns to management and support
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Build strong business consulting relationships within assigned accounts and ensure alignment of internal resources i.e. Support, Systems Engineering, and Professional Services, to ensure consistency in the planning and implementation of high value solutions.
- Exercise strong financial skills in the evaluation and preparation of sales opportunities and sufficient organizational and project management skills to manage customer needs and drives issues to resolution; the Account Manager must also effectively matrix-manage cross functional areas to deliver total solutions based on regional requirements.
- Lead sales strategy sessions for named accounts while contributing to and coordinating the execution of the account plans, ensuring the accurate production of account plans, business case preparation, appropriate contract presentation, and the effective delivery of account plan activities.
- Collect and communicate marketing requirements and competitive data, including pricing, feature needs, license models and value proposition strategies to product stakeholders.
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy and consistency of all sales data across all sales systems
- Consistently demonstrate strong product knowledge and ability to articulate our value proposition.