The Strategic Accounts Manager is the primary contact for all day-to-day dealings between the manufacturer and distributor. The account manager will facilitate discussion and resolve issues with all key functions of the distributor to include, but not limited to: • Logistics • Marketing Communications, Information Technology • Quality • Product Management • Asset Management • Finance • Field Sales • Inside Sales • Strategic Account Sales • Telemarketing • Corporate Management
Director, Channel SalesDuties and Responsibilities:
- Work with local sales team and corporate contacts to develop POS targets by branch and region in line with company business expectations.
- Meet or exceed fiscal year sales targets for POA and POS.
- Collect, communicate and track internal market share goals.
- Understand and communicate the distributor’s inventory strategy.
- Monthly analysis on high dollar ship and debit lines.
- Facilitate Senior Management interface at corporate locations.
- Facilitate management interface with distributor corporate product management.
- Analyze distributor scorecards, report results to Team, QA, and VP Global Distribution.
- Develop action plans for categories that are not “Best in Class”.
- Understand Distributor’s perception of supplier performance relative to competitors.
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, or Engineering is required
- Minimum of 5 years of diversified experience, including a proven record of strong sales, marketing, and general sales and product management skills, ability to travel at least 50% of the time. Distribution experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills