Strategic Account Director
The Strategic Accounts Director is responsible for creating and implementing effective account plans in enterprise class F500 type accounts. This position partners with sales and executive leadership on strategic new and growth accounts. Primary responsibilities include: successfully acquiring and developing strategic accounts; building professional relationships with key executives at all levels; identifying short and long-term revenue opportunities; exceeding assigned revenue objectives; and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. Will work closely with assigned Strategic Account Associate to acquire, expand or enhance client relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research, qualify, and prioritize new business opportunities in a defined set of accounts, while successfully executing account acquisition plans. Gather information on the client’s business processes, critical success factors, and competitive standing through a proactive consultative sales approach.
- Develop business relationships at all levels of the client organization.
- Work closely with Strategic Account Associate to set tactical and strategic plans for the accounts.
- Develop a complete understanding of each account including divisions, business units, organizational charts, purchasing process and decision making hierarchy.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding assigned sales objectives and revenue quotas, maintaining existing and building new revenue within named account base.
- Structure presentations, offerings, and contract negotiations (e.g. MSAs, Pricing Addendums, etc.) that move the customer toward purchase.
- Maintain contact with the customer, resolve problems, and seek additional opportunities to meet needs.
- Create and maintain accurate account plans and reviews with the client and senior level management.
- • Manage administration by ensuring the following processes are being completed: CRM, Pursuit Drills, Loss Interviews, Client Business Reviews, Etc.
- • Collaborate with internal resources to share information and coordinate sales.
- • Earn the status of a "Trusted Advisor" in the eyes of the account.
- • Understand the products, territory, accounts, industry, marketplace, business plan, objectives, business drivers, initiatives, requirements and factors critical to success.
- • Work with the marketing group and support team to implement marketing plans.
- • Accurately forecast account sales and maintain pipeline opportunity reports and CRM.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 10 –15 years developing enterprise class accounts.
- Minimum of 15+ years in B2B technology sales
- Extensive work experience in navigating all levels of enterprise class accounts.
- Ability to deal well with stress and difficult situations where desired results and outcomes must be achieved.
- Strong business acumen and executive presence.
- High level of verbal communication skills.
- Strong management, organizational, decision-making, and presentation skills required.