The Strategic Accounts Director is responsible for leading, maintaining and growing all relationship with Credit Card issuers, affiliate networks and intermediaries. Part account management and part new business development, this role is central to the LendingTree Credit Card supply strategy and is a huge growth engine for the business.
- Own all relationships with credit card issuers for the LendingTree portfolio of brands
- Partner with issuers to grow the business through increased volume, numbers of placements and quality of traffic
- Build a mid-tier and subprime network of partners and investigate new partnership types
- Lead and develop account management team as necessary to hit goals
- Develop and achieve forecasts for credit card supply-side metrics
- Lead and handle the Credit Card Issuer technology implementations across network and direct partners, and work with development and product teams to build new features
- Run partner compliance needs and content/offer updates across platforms
- Create roadmap of credit card issuer product requirements across LendingTree brands
- Collaborate with analytics team to ensure credit card data is being collected and used optimally. Liaise with finance and accounting teams for month-end reconciliations.
- Develop sales materials for regular partner updates. Lead partner meetings with goal of growing the partnerships
- Collaborate with Business Development teams to provide data, tools and insights for traffic growth initiatives
- Affiliate Network administration: be responsible for the account set up, structure and management for each network
- Act as a liaison with marketing teams to adapt campaigns to changing card offers/characteristics
- Issuer testing backlog – be responsible for the backlog of issuer-driven product tests
Knowledge/skill & educational requirements, special certifications:
- 5+ years in related account management and/or sales role with significant book of business
- Detailed understanding of the industry landscape and players as well as the top issues affecting the industry and the competition
- Results-driven with extraordinary follow up, follow through & ownership
- Dedication to excellence and improving process in a meaningful way
- Proficient in database management such as Salesforce, etc.
- Understanding of web analytics, digital marketing and how to effectively identify and interpret critical performance metrics.
- The ideal candidates will be able to think strategically about Issuer needs, processes and end goals.
- Unsurpassed attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ambitious, proactive individual with positive attitude and a great teammate!
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- BA / BS preferred
- Highly computer proficient with good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, the Internet, and E-mails.