Responsible for the Americas Account Management of HPE, Lenovo, and IBM, through building on the relationships with sales makers and sales management within the customer. Manages, supports, and promotes the customer's private labeled IT Management Solutions and Vertiv Branded business. Leverages the growth opportunities in this business by overachieving annual revenue targets.
- Establish relationships with and support the HPE and Lenovo Technical Sales Teams (with a focus on Solution Architects) and Server Options teams including: Sales, Marketing, Field Sales, Channel Partners, Direct Sales, and others as needed to help promote and sell IT Management products. The individual will build and foster relationships with the outside field sales teams. This person will work with the inside call center teams, as well as Channel partners this will include product training, solution selling, and building relationship to have their sales teams position Vertiv and private labeled products.
- Evangelize products explaining their value proposition, capabilities and technology to HPE, Lenovo, and IBM and their partners. Promote and drive Solutions opportunities with the HPE and Lenovo Field Teams. Identify deals in their early stages and manage those deals all the way through closure and in some cases delivery. Work with HPE & Lenovo to leverage their Channel partners to help facilitate sell-through.
- Engage with HPE, Lenovo, and IBM Marketing and Events Team to understand their businesses model and use this knowledge to prepare and execute marketing and sales strategies in conjunction with their sales and marketing strategies.
- Create, prepare and conduct training for HPE and Lenovo sales and their partners to promote and sell the HPE and Lenovo and Vertiv Avocent portfolio, including KVMs, LCD Trays, and embedded software.
- Work in conjunction with product specialist as needed to drive opportunities for internal sales to HPE, Lenovo, and IBM, as appropriate. This includes HPE and Lenovo solution centers, data centers, and labs to position all Vertiv products.
- Maintain and keep current the opportunities in CRM. Work and coordinate internally for resources to pursue deals.
- Create interesting sales training presentations and present them to drive interest and joint engagements.
- Direct involvement with HPE and Lenovo and HPE and Lenovo, Channel, and their End customers at all levels of their organizations. Lenovo teams including Sales Reps, Marketing, Executives. High visibility within the HPE, Lenovo, and IBM Geos (and at the country level) Executive Organization including their VP/GM, CTO, and Vice Presidents.
- Vertiv Product Managers, as well as, other Vertiv management and departments.
- Interact with application engineering on designing solutions to meet Lenovo identified requirements.
- Interact with Directors and VP's to share beneficial information regarding management of the Lenovo account.
- Drive engagement at a local level and help with account mapping sessions. Work with Vertiv's Solutions Team in a coordinated and strategic approach. Additionally, locate and drive Solutions business and utilize Vertiv's Solutions Team.
- Engage with HPE & Lenovo Field Resources and HPE & Lenovo's End customers and determine how customer's strategy aligns with Vertiv's strategic initiatives. Work with a variety of teams within customer account including, engineering, product management, and solution sales to understand what Vertiv products could be positioned and won via HPE and Lenovo.
- Strategic sales abilities combined with technical knowledge about the data centers, servers and server management and embedded systems.
- Technical knowledge in infrastructure and server management.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience of growing OEM business in a high-tech environment.
- Knowledge of Lenovo internal contacts and processes.
- Must be highly motivated and able to develop high-level relationships through strong people skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Successful team player.
- Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Developed and managed large or corporate accounts and have at least 3 years high-tech sales experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Strong skills in a CRM tool, such as Oracle Sales Cloud, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, or Saleforce.
- Strong presentation skills in front of audiences of small or large groups.
- Work with HPE, Lenovo, and IBM to develop sales and revenue growth plans to achieve current and future sales growth. Achieving revenue targets on a consistent basis across all product lines.
- Creating and drive pipeline growth, work deals through closure.
- Continued integration of HPE, Lenovo, and IBM sales into the overall success strategy of Vertiv
- Create a strategy for Field Engagement, and drive this across major markets in the US
- Strong follow up skills and ability to follow through on open action items.