We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated individual to join our Support Services Leadership Team, reporting to the VP, Customer Support & Managed Services. As a Strategic Account Resolution Director, you will play an integral role ensuring support and services alignment on our most strategic accounts. You will be responsible to provide account leadership, mentoring resident engineers and driving visibility and resolution on escalated technical support issues as the primary customer advocate within Calix. This will require complex problem solving (both technical and organizational cross-functional process), excellent communication skills (both internally and externally), planning, prioritizing, organization using data analytics and relationship skills to drive improvement cross-functionally within Calix on behalf of lessons learned from the field. This role requires delivering results through influence.Responsibilities:
- Defuses complex technical and operational customer situations by using appropriate communication, planning and follow through that helps drive confident communication.
- Leading a group of resident engineer team members by setting an exemplary example each and every day on how to execute the role in the interests of our customers.
- Driving to resolve the most technically complex, mission critical or politically hot customer issues that will be reviewed by the executive teams.
- Track critical action items on behalf of strategic accounts, including setting up conference calls, driving and assigning action items and following through with the appropriate stakeholders (sales, development, customers) and ensure resolution is met expeditiously.
- Drive the effective resolution of complex customer escalations and develop proactive alerting systems to reduce the number of escalations and improve our overall cycle time and customer effort on issue resolution. Leverage customer case and escalation data and transform it into recommendations and processes to improve the support we provide our customers, especially our Resident Engineers onsite at key strategic accounts. A successful candidate will use this data to influence business operations, product teams and cross-functional teams with a goal to improve overall Customer Experience and Effort.
- Ensure that the most critical escalations are monitored and updated 24x7 when needed (based on criticality).
- Excel with project management skills through participation in projects as a team leader.
- 10+ years of experience as leader in support/services organization
- Customer Service advocate, wired to help our customers to succeed
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be very approachable and humble
- Able to solve complex, multi-dimensional problems with simple, reproducible solutions
- Able to influence, consult and build relationships at the executive level
- Experience negotiating with and influencing key decision makers
- Extremely motivated, detail-oriented, can thrive and drive change in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working for a telecom equipment manufacturer or service provider beneficial
- Organizational navigation skills and work effectively in a team environment.