Strategic Account Manager
Job DescriptionWolters Kluwer Health's Clinical Effectiveness (CE) organization is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology (HIT) provider working on the front lines of clinical care. Our talented team of physician and pharmacist editors, technologists, and product visionaries collaborate to provide advanced clinical decision support solutions that measurably improve clinical effectiveness by helping healthcare professionals provide optimal care for their patients.
We are searching for a Strategic Account Manager. This is a remote role.
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for managing and growing existing Commercial Customer relationships in a defined, US-based territory. Core functions include developing relevant C-Suite or equivalent relationships within account base, securing renewals, growing revenue through both price increases and application upsells, providing ongoing training and support to maximize usage, execute special initiatives and facilitate inner departmental account touches pertaining to account base and the communication of new enhancements to solutions and existing applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Build lasting customer relationships to retain and grow existing commercial customer base
* Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities for existing commercial customer base
* Possess strong product knowledge of all CDI applications that are sold in the commercial market
* Work closely with other Commercial Sales colleagues on new implementation, training of customers
* Manage all aspects of trial and subscription usage activity to ensure the customer realizes the full value of our services
* Web-based and onsite product training
* Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets through complete ownership of a assigned book of business
* Create and update a Book of Business Plan to include strategy, tactics and milestones as it relates to hitting goals set by the company.
* Record accurate customer data in the CRM system.
* Build effective sales pipelines.
* Prepare activity and forecast reports.
* Assist and communicate effectively with all departments as it relates to the company selling process
* Comply with established sales policies, pricing guidelines, and best practices
* Attend conferences and tradeshows to promote product visibility and generate leads
* Maintain the highest standards of integrity and respect for co-workers and customers
* Special projects as deemed by the Manager or VP, Sales
The individual may be exposed to private and confidential information, including personal health information, and is expected to adhere to company policies and all relevant laws regarding handling of such information.QualificationsEducation:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience.
* A minimum of 5 years of sales experience preferably in healthcare or IT related sales with a track record of success in building relationships throughout relevant customer disciplines and departments, meeting goals and presenting to high level decision makers.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
* Strong computer skills (Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CRM Programs)
* Experience demonstrating and selling sophisticated and complex products/technologies
* Strong telephone, presentation and written communication skills
* Valid US driver's license and Passport to manage overnight travel up to 30% - 35% in territory