The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) position will currently be responsible for product sales and pull through for Rolontis (upon FDA approval) within a designated geography. The role also will be responsible for the creation, coordination and execution of strategic business plans for key accounts within the region based on market dynamics, GPO connectivity, and business analytics.
Responsibilities will include; 1. contract implementation and management 2. regional reimbursement knowledge, 3. develop and maintain strategic relationships with key decision makers, 4. identification of emerging trends and alternatives to the business model. All Rolontis promotional practices will be ethical and adhere to Spectrum’s Compliance policies, the regulatory requirements of the FDA, OIG guidance, PhRMA code and other government agency guidelines.
- Achieve or exceed sales objectives in assigned geography for Rolontis while ensuring strict compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Effectively communicate and drive Rolontis customer agreements/contracts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains a productive and compliant working relationship with our GPO partners within the Community & Hospital Oncology space.
- Develop strategically targeted account- specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces.
- Lead cross-functional teams within Spectrum to develop long-term relationships with key accounts and stakeholders within the marketplace.
- Create, build and maintain appropriate relationships with key decision makers, administrators, and other HCP’s in the clinic/hospital space
- Understand national and local reimbursement policies for the assigned region.
- Develop local provider payer advocates to support corporate and/or brand initiatives.
- Effectively manage time, resources and workload.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrate strong analytical acumen to ensure the appropriate focus is placed in the right areas of the market
- Demonstrate ability to adjust to changing strategies to support corporate and/or brand while maintaining the highest level of performance.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of sales, sales management and/or account management experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, Minimum of 2 years of sales in oncology
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Life Science, Biology
- Proven track record for delivering consistent sales results while maintaining highest ethical standards.
- Experience with physician-administered injectables a must, with hematology/oncology experience preferred
- Expert understanding of the business of Oncology
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, cross-functional environment while maintaining an entrepreneurial spirit, on a consistent basis
- Ability to develop and grow strong professional relationships
- Knowledge and experience of legal and compliance framework related to the pharma/biotech industries
- Strong compliant track record of GPO relationships and executing GPO contracts in both the community oncology & hospital segments
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex clinical/business problems.
- Must consistently demonstrate a commitment to a culture of compliance, integrity and business ethics
- Must be available to work in the evenings and weekends, as required.
Position Location and/or Territory and Travel
- Position is located in assigned regions. (Denver)
- Position will require 50% - 70% travel
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.