Strategic Account Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Retail / Diversified
The Strategic Account Manager (AM) is responsible for driving solutions with existing customers. Maintaining an active and full sales funnel, the AM calls on all levels of a customer's organization to position solutions that solve customer business needs.
The Account Manager will be responsible for providing building solutions to customers encompassing building automation, security, and fire/life safety systems and will consistently produce in excess of $2M in YOY sales volume, both through serving some existing clients, while securing and developing new ones.
Business Relationships: Develop new customer relationships; Candidates also MUST be at the Enterprise level – Selling to large Enterprise accounts. Engaging early in the customer buying process to discover customer needs that the client can fulfill and/or influence customer specification prior to bid.
- Sales Process: Continuously identifies new sales opportunities and focuses on providing consultative support by building value propositions for the customer; Manage and build customer contacts, serving as an ambassador in the market place; Focal point for relationship strategies, sales plans, proposal strategies, and contract negotiations, for pursuits in play.
- Customers: Engage technical buyers, economic buyers, and relationship buyers; engage customers at all levels in any organization including executive level decision makers; could potentially pursue $1-$10M opportunities; could include competitively advantaged opportunities.
- Results: Profitable growth and focus on expanding existing customers and securing new customers and new opportunities; Orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of mechanical design experience (building controls, fire alarms, or access controls) or in lieu of a degree8years of mechanical design experience (building controls, fire alarms, or access controls).
- Demonstrated, proven track record of success. Preference will be given to those that have demonstrated sales success in a prior position.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Record of accomplishment; a proven drive to exceed.
- Ability to be a quick learner, and a drive to be a continual learner.
- Desire to achieve a high income and the willingness to put forth the effort to do so.