The Strategic Account Manager (“SAM”) will be responsible, with support and supervision from Crescendo’s National Sales Director and Managed Health Care team, for interfacing with a large number of key stakeholders in the rheumatology marketplace. As a member of the Commercial team, the Strategic Account Manager will play a key role in working closely with Sales, Marketing and Managed Care to ensure innovative solutions are provided within the organization.
The position will require the ability to be nimble and adapt quickly to changing dynamics. The amount of time spent on the below job responsibilities may shift as priorities change within the Company.
Primary responsibilities for the SAM include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interface with a wide range of cross-disciplinary stakeholders, including critical influencers and c-level executives within IDNs, ACOs, Hospital Systems, Super Groups, as well as other specialty groups that provide services and resources to key stakeholders. Serve as the central point of contact for key providers and large specialty medical groups and collaborate with commercial sales teams and internal partners to maximize efforts and enhance business outcomes. Apply a range of large account management, consultative selling skills and clinical expertise to grow the business, build support for Vectra DA, and enhance Crescendo Bioscience's status with the targeted health systems. The person will work closely with Managed Care to develop channel insights and strategies for Institutions, IDNs, and ACOs. The Strategic Account Manager will work cross functionally with sales, marketing, managed care and medical to ensure that key insights drive strategy and support the team to achieve specific objectives for the Institutional, IDN, ACOs and other groups.
- Serve as the primary point person for a new Company initiative, Practice Integration. This will include strategy and marketing responsibilities for the rollout of the Practice Integration program. The SAM is responsible for coordinating with the Sales team and Myriad’s SAM team to enhance the program.
- Be responsible for strategic decisions related to working with national groups such as RNS, NORM, AWIR and MSOs/Supergroups.
- Teach others new innovative concepts and business strategies.
- Represent sales on cross-functional teams for various strategic initiatives.
- Leadership: model personal and professional values, align goals with corporate strategy, develop effective relationships, build team synergy within and across all commercialization teams, maintain a strong connection/ presence with the sales force and market place
- Innovation: lead strategy sessions for field employees that identify opportunities and bring innovative solutions
- Teamwork: be a strong team player, gain trust and support of peers, often work by influencing others without authority, find common ground, provide solutions and look for resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done
- Collaboration: work closely with other cross-functional teams (sales, marketing, medical, lab, Customer Service, Myriad, etc.) to develop new ways to work with cross-disciplinary stakeholders
- BS/BA degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, or Diagnostic Industries
- Rheumatology Sales and Diagnostic experience is mandatory
- Sales management experiencepreferred
- Strong problem solving skills with innovative solutions
- Track record demonstrating initiative and strong follow-thru skills
- Ability to collaborate on projects with other team members
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 70% of the time
- Proficient in English: writing and speaking
- Strong, recent professional references
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
About Our Company
Crescendo Bioscience, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Myriad Genetics, Inc., is a fast-growing organization offering a dynamic and exciting work environment. Based in South San Francisco, CA, we are focused on serving the rheumatology community. Each of us at Crescendo Bioscience is excited by being at the forefront of the precision medicine revolution. We specifically focus in the fields of autoimmune and inflammatory disease in an ongoing effort to bring knowledge-based empowerment to patients, cost management solutions to payers, and objective decision-making tools to healthcare providers. Today, we are working on expanding the utility of Vectra® DA to become the ultimate objective tool to support treatment decisions for patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis.