Metagenics is hiring for regionally based Strategic Account Managers and Strategic Medical Sales Representatives to call on women’s healthcare providers for our Tampa/Orlando territory. The primary responsibility of this position is to identify, prospect, close and grow the business of new channels of business.
This Strategic focuses on providing resources to women with non-hormonal menopause symptom relief, and recurring women’s health infections such as bacterial vaginosis, urinary tract infections, and yeast infections. This position will be responsible for working directly with the District Sales Manager, to create the strategies and tactics that will lead to success in these new territories.
What you'll do:
- Grow and develop new business in the field of Women’s Health in an assigned territory.
- Deliver a science-based message on Metagenics Women’s Health products to all decision-makers within a medical office.
- Be able to maneuver thru a medical office to gain access to all decision-makers in a medical practice with a high degree of professionalism.
- Establish current and new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to grow quickly and efficiently.
- Become efficient in business acumen by evaluating sales reports strategically to find where new and current businesses will grow.
- Partner with other departments and company representatives in arranging speaker events, and act as a liaison with Medical Affairs to assist with executing against account strategies and tactics.
- Build long term relationships with key customer(s) through honest, ethical behavior that is consistent with company values.
- Provide regular and frequent account performance reviews (inclusive of financials, forecast attainment).
- Apply knowledge and understanding of our products, programs and services to meet customer needs.
- Continuously learn relevant information regarding each channel of business and share critical information with team members and the executive team.
- Complete all administrative duties in a timely manner, and works within the specified budget.
- Attend company sponsored sales meetings and seminars as needed.
- Work as booth staff at appropriate trade shows.
You'll love this job if:
- A strong communicator and collaborator and work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs
- Highly analytical and strategic. Your problem solving skills are unparalleled
- You always maintain a friendly disposition — even (and especially) under pressure
Quick on your feet! When problems arise, you reliably produce responses and solutions
What You'll Need:
Experience / Training / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience of sale experiencepreferred
- 3+ years’ of pharmaceutical sales experience into healthcare practitioners’ offices, hospitals, surgical and/or medical facilities – a focus on women’s health strongly preferred
- Documented sales success
- Previous Women’s Health Care experience calling on OB/GYN’s is a plus
- A Scientific or Medical background is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle – driving is an essential function of this role
Physical Working Conditions:
- Uses personal vehicle to drive to multiple practitioners on a daily basis.
- Stands and walks to other stations and departments throughout the day
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment most of the day
- May stoop or crouch to access files or storage
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and especially via the telephone
- Lifts up to10 pounds regularly; lifts 25 pounds occasionally
- Exposed to noise levels typical of office environments
Mental Reasoning and Requirements:
- Uses critical thinking skills to work with documents and spreadsheets and interpret information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to review quantitative and qualitative work and identify questionable items
- Expert problem-solving and data-analysis skills
- Able to set goals based on available information and to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to formulate appropriate responses to requests for data, services and information from internal or external customers with a wide range of personalities and demeanors
- Able to project likely future occurrences based on current or historical data
- Able to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency