Strategic Account Manager, Life Sciences (National Sales)
This is a National Sales role - Remote based
Can work based out of any major market in the US; 50% travel requirement.
This role has primary responsibility for all business development and sales activity required in support of delivering innovative and high-impact solutions to Life Science customers; including but not limited to: pharmaceutical (Infectious Disease), diagnostic, and medical device companies across the United States.
The candidate will work as a sales leader and business development consultant to lead a wide range of assignments focused on supporting the full life cycle of client engagements from lead development through contract execution and ongoing relationship management.
The Sr. Sales Consultant will also be responsible for increasing market share through cold calling, prospecting, building relationships, and assisting with trade shows and various Congress events.
This person will conduct formal and informal presentations and convey complex clinical and technical information fluently to but not limited to: Medical Affairs, Commercial teams, Clinical Development, Outcomes Research, Market Research, etc. focused on account penetration, revenue growth with customer satisfaction across the US.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Develop focused business plans for the Life Science market supported by market analyses and aligned with business objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Identify, develop, negotiate, and close new profitable contracts within the Life Science markets.
- Providing strategic direction for the organization, which leads to increased customer engagement, market share and profits.
- Be a key resource on all aspects of life science contract negotiation and implementation.
- Working with existing and new Life Science customers to sell and implement value-added programs.
- Working with the Life Sciences business team in order to facilitate contract implementation.
Skills and Experience
- Possesses understanding of Life Science environment and its market dynamics
- Engage/prospect with Life Sciences clients across Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device and Diagnostic companies
- Employ consultative selling approach with customers in order to identify research categories and data driven solutions such as pathogen specific trends and prevalence, patient population based analysis, and population based clinical and financial outcomes analyses
- Able to identify and establish relationships with key decision makers in each sale and develops an action plans to advance the account strategies and close business
- Effectively detail advantages of expanding business with MedMined to decision makers at existing accounts.
- Develop a revenue generating business pipeline and execute a strategic selling plan which results in a signed contract between the prospect and company
- Initiate sales process by prospecting, scheduling appointments, understanding business needs, making initial presentation, developing proposals and closing sales
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the customer's business, financial needs, and strategy
- Develop and implement customer development penetration strategies within new and current customers, with National Director and Director of Clinical Specialty when appropriate, to obtain annual quota and revenue targets
- Contribute information to market strategy by monitoring competitive solutions, potential collaborators, business threats and feedback from prospects
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills to manage a large geographical area
- Currently working and calling on pharmaceutical brands, preferably in the Infectious Disease space
- At least 5 years of salesexperience in life sciences
- Ability to travel both domestic and international; approximately 50% of the time
- Proven product/solution knowledge in laboratory, diagnostic, pharmaceutical, Infectious disease or a related research area
- Experience negotiating statement of work documents and conditions preferred
- Must possess a strong business acumen and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Valid driver's license
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
- Experience National Account Strategic Plans
- Experience with business strategy and key drivers for effective training programs
- Experience with health care and life science industry sales
- Experience with negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated track record of sales success
- Demonstrated management, coaching and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand and communicate economic, data analytic and clinical information
- Ability to develop and maintain senior account relationships
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve business goals
- Ability to help set goals and strategic objectives, then balance short-term goals with a strategic vision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in business relationships
- At least 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry with life science national account responsibility
- At least 10 years of salesexperience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, science or related field
- MBA preferred
Job ID R-23555