This position has sales responsibility for multiple strategic accounts. The Strategic Sales Account Manager will be accountable for profitable new business development and the growth of existing business. He/she will insure customer satisfaction with timely and accurate communication with internal and external customers in the area of delivery, quality, pricing, service and design.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals as determined by salesbudgets and forecasts, with a focus on profitable volume growth and increasing operating profit margins.
- Works closely with the VP of Strategic Sales to identify and pursue strategic opportunities for the Company.
- Manage RFI's, RFQ's and other methods of proposals in order to pursue profitable business in alignment with plant, regional and division goals.
- Define and executed business strategies for profitability growing existing business and generating new business. Qualifies and develops new strategic business opportunities. Closes new business opportunities to assure goal attainment.
- Leads key sales initiatives for various strategic accounts by coordinating with local plant personnel, Region Vice Presidents and other corporate resources.
- Develops strong client relationship over time that provide significant input to planning company product, price and strategies.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to self-development of selling skills in the areas of priority setting, negotiating and problem solving.
- Works closely with local management to identify and pursue opportunities for their KapStone plants to include value-added products and services.
- Works closely with customer service departments to insure all customer specifications and information appropriate to customer handling are documented and communicated.
- Provides analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation.
- Consults with management to provide accurate market feedback, pricing input and recommendations on RFP's that contribute to account profitability and volume forecasts outlines for year.
- Assist and/or lead credit and collection initiatives for strategic accounts in conjunction with Finance to adhere to Company policies.
- Control individual travel and entertainment expenses that adhere to a yearly budget or to acceptable levels necessary to perform the job as appropriate by the VP Strategic Sales.
- Actively pursues cost reduction/margin improvement activities in accounts, to include the full adoption of the KAP program.
- Insure appropriate levels of inventory are maintained for warehouse customers as well as insuring prompt disposition of agedinventory for strategic accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field from an accredited institution is required.
Other key job requirements:
- Extensive overnight and air travel is required.
- Must be able to respond to a flexible work schedule and should expect to average three nights per week traveling away from home.
- Must be willing and able to work out of a home office if proximity to a KapStone facility is not practical.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels within the organizations.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and explain the results.
- No second language is required.
- Advanced understanding of financial metrics
- Good computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to positively interact with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Effective negotiation skills
Previous Work Experience
- Minimum of 15years of progressively responsible business to business salesexperience.
- Salesexperience within a packaging, paper or similar manufacturing environment.
- Superb sales, customer service, administrative as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Management experience (General Manager, Sales Manager) is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills.