Job DescriptionA Strategic Account Manager is responsible for selling the full line of Sage products and services to tier 1 and tier 2 mid-market and enterprise level accounts. Drives sales revenue by building a relationship with key players in their accounts; penetrating the account at all levels and all subsidiaries; becoming a trusted advisor on Sage products/solutions to meet the needs of their accounts; and maintaining an on-going account strategy for selling Sage products. The Strategic Account Manager should be an asset to their accounts by helping to streamline their software strategy. The SAM stays in total engagement with the account during the sales cycle while bringing in additional necessary resources from the Sales, Product, Professional Services, or strategic Business Partner. The position requires significant time working closely with product and professional services, as well as time in face-to-face client and prospect calls. Also responsible for driving revenue through OEM relationships and strategic partnership accounts. Key ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions:
* Drives sales revenue by building a relationship with key players in their accounts; penetrating the account at all levels and all subsidiaries. Becomes a trusted advisor on Sage products/solutions to meet the needs of their accounts; and maintaining an on-going account strategy for selling Sage products.
* Manages revenue quota by overseeing multiple customer opportunities, oversees sales engagements process end to end, and provides assistance and support.
* Develop a strategy for and implementation of sales excellence management processes to include deal clinics, advancing selling activities, pipeline management, win/loss reviews, Condition of Satisfaction compliance as well as Account and Territory Plans.
* Engages in customer facing sales activities and opportunity management in conjunction with Partners or alone as directed by the customer.
* Drives or assists partner sales professionals during any stage of the sales cycle and utilize multiple channels to influence and drive sales.
* Displays executive maturity as well as business planning expertise, market analysis and sales expertise.
* Stays in complete engagement with the account during the sales cycle while bringing in additional necessary resources from the Sales, Product, Professional Services, or strategic Business Partner.
* Works with Regional Managers and Partner’s to identify large migration opportunities and then co-sell with the Partners.
* Provides timely and accurate forecasting to Senior Leadership and maintain prudent expense budget practices.
* Develops a deep understanding of the product offerings, customer needs and competitive landscape and value proposition of Sage offerings.
* Develops and maintains Trusted Advisor status within the Customer and Partner Communities.
* Communicates with key customers, business partners and Leadership as to significant issues and accomplishments.
* Protects company proprietary and confidential information
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements: (this section should include required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as well as Credentials and Experience)
* Bachelor’s degree preferred with 10 +years of successful, quota carrying, sales experience required. Field sales experience required and ability to execute on business plan.
* Multiple distribution channel environment preferred.
* Excellent organizational, prioritization, time management skills and an unwavering commitment to integrity and professionalism.
* Demonstrated ability to excel within a cross-functional team environment to accurately manage and forecast sales activity.
* Extensive experience in all aspects of leading sales opportunities and a general understanding of selling in conjunction with a multi-tier distribution strategy (Channel Management).
* Self-starter and strong closer with multitasking ability.
* Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
* Strong understanding of customer requirements.
* Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
* Ability to travel as required up to 50%.