As a Strategic Account Manager, you will identify, create and maintain large strategic accounts to directly generate revenue by selling solutions to new and current users within an assigned region through face-to-face contact. You will act as a primary contact for direct selling efforts focused on optimizing profit and growing sales within existing large accounts.
To be classified as a Strategic Account Manager there must be customer accounts in a predetermined metropolitan area and have a potential annual minimum of $1 million in net sales with the potential of annuity business. This will be determined by the Vice President of Sales and include criteria such as multiple locations and/or phased projects, contracts held, and standardization of Allsteel and Gunlocke products.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Manage and grow existing account base within the assigned territory, exceed budgeted sales and increase market share.
- Identify organizations in assigned region that fit the Strategic Accounts criteria and are competitively held to pursue projects, day to day business, and contracts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers and influencers with organizations with complex environments, both new and existing.
- Continually implement innovative ways to improve processes, products, and client experience.
- Responsible for revenue growth and new product sales of Allsteel/Gunlocke/Architectural Products to expand share of the existing customer’s business.
- Create business plan for each assigned account that is consistently maintained and captures existing business and relationships with growth plans for 6 month, 12 month, and 24 month.
- Grow profitability and product mix within assigned key accounts.
- Engage with Allsteel field sales, dealers, A&D and real estate firms to ensure local/regional execution of programs for contracted account and align with current processes.
- Coordinate Manufacturer services to include design, research, change management, sustainability, ergonomics, AWE, workplace evaluations, communications, etc.
- Responsible for contract renewals, tracking bid activity, project coordination, coordinating quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Collaborate to help develop existing account strategies and tactics, local team/dealer integration, presentations, corporate visits, mock-ups, proposals, pricing, etc.
- Manage end to end ordering process including purchase order to dealer, dealer interface with manufacturer, manufacturer confirmations and scheduling, manufacturer to dealer, and dealer to customer.
- Manage quality control process on customized solutions, Mock Ups, etc. once the order is placed.
- Coordinate and manage customer specific solution to include process flow to integrate web portal with customers technology platforms across all phases from design to delivery.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, MBA preferred; or equivalent experience.
- 7-8 years or more of experience in contract furniture or related industry.
- Experience with selling into complex accounts, national, global, and/or strategic.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required and/or Preferred
- Proven communication skills with executive management and board of directors.
- Consultative selling and closing skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates cross-functional expertise and ability to thrive in a highly complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and positively influence key decision makers and influencers.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and close a deal.
- Ability to form strong relationships across functional groups.
Physical Effort and Working Conditions
Primary focus on direct customer interaction:
- Primary working location will be in an office environment where low volume noise is on-going.
- Sitting/standing at work station for up to the entire scheduled work day.
- Majority of office time spent on a computer system.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift sample product into car/truck
- Regionally located.
- Reliable personal transportation required.