ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That’s why we built the world’s leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We’re working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We’ve raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
About the Role:
Reporting to the National Director of Strategic Accounts, the Strategic Account manager (SAM) is responsible for developing long-term strategic partnerships with leading Oncology centers in their region. The SAM serves as the primary customer facing role for identification of target customers, business development activities, securing contracts and pull through of strategic partnership agreements in their region. The role will be responsible for helping launch strategic initiatives to leading academic and community oncology centers and serve as the voice of the customer in the region, and helping to shape strategic and tactical initiatives for Guardant Health.
- Execute all business development activities in line with Guardant Health strategy
- Ensure cross functional communication between Sales, Med Affairs, Clininical Development and leadership toensure proper informing and engagement of teams
- Initiate, close and operationalize all aspects of strategic partnerships in the region
- Routinely create key performance indicators for partnerships and monitor performance
- Work closely with cross functional commercial, clinical, med affairs, and operations teams to shape strategicpartnership initiatives.
- Work to identify mutual areas of business opportunity and interest for Guardant Health and the customer
- Lead the engagement with external executive leadership and execute follow up plans
- Develop business case presentations for leadership team
- Partner effectively with local commercial teams to coordinate customer experience
- Maintain active network of KOLs and advance pipeline of partnership opportunities
- 8-10+ years Prior sales or commercial experience or people leader role
- Extensive prior business development experience
- Experience and understanding of oncology therapeutic area
- Experience with institutional account sales process
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of genomics, diagnostics and company product
- Experience in executive communication, presentations and written reports
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit strong customer focus and translate insights into action
- High capacity to manage and advance multiple projects at different stages of development
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to details and time management
- Ability to travel (estimate of 50%) to meet with KOLs, attend scientific conferences and attend executive leadership team meetings when necessary
- Strong large group presentation skills with ability to communicate technical information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.