The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) isresponsible for establishing and developingsales opportunities within a strict list of named strategic accounts. Specifically, this position isresponsible for assessing opportunities, developing account plans,contract negotiations, and postsales management with FireEye’s largest current and prospective customers in an assigned geography. The successful SAM is expected to partner with the ChannelSales team on lead generation, account planning and new account development and/or the expansion of opportunities within existing accounts. Further, the SAM is expected to sell the entire FireEye product line and must effectively represent FireEye’s full suite of products and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them inapplying the products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation. They must effectively represent FireEye at the highest levels of some of the largestenterprises in their assigned geography. A successful SAM will effectively developsales solutions and take appropriate actions, both short and long term, in consideration of the customer’s constraints and conditions; connecting the customer’s business needs to FireEye’s solutions. The SAM must be able to close deals in excess of $1m and succesfully negotiate agreements that include severalyears of product and services commitments from FireEye that are clearly aligned with FireEye’sfinancial objectives while delivering value-added products, maintenance, and services to meet customer requirements.
Connect with FireEye Careers
- This role requires a deep understanding of the market and technologies that FireEye sells, including our business/industry, our competitors and the ability to use this knowledge to plan for the future. The successful SAM drives a superior customer experience by delivering technology solutions tailored to customer needs and is able to meet and beat their assigned quota. Additionally, the SAM must demonstrate success in the following areas:
- Opportunity Assessment: Personally oversee and be the primary “point-of-contact” for named regional strategic accounts. Key deliverable: Value-add product, maintenance, and services opportunities are clearly identified, defined, and validated with named strategic regional accounts.
- Account Plan Development: Working with the FireEye Partner and Channel resources, develop and prepare an actionable strategic sales plan for each named regional account. Key deliverable: Clearly documented strategic sales and account plans, including short and long-term goals and actions for each named regional account and associated requirements for team members throughout sales cycle.
- Post Sale Management: Maintain awareness and status of all key regional contractual obligations, facilitating customer meetings and communications regarding deliverables where necessary. Key deliverable: Customer expectations are managed upfront, with ongoing status project updates, escalating unresolved issues to account team members and/or key customer sponsor. Effectively matrix-manages cross functional areas to achieve a high level of customer service.
- 8 – 10 years of regional sales management experience with customers of varied account sizes
- Ability to successfully complete solo sales meetings and presentations, with little or no supervision at the highest level of an organization
- Understand the sales process, with acute listening and sales skills
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and concerns to management and support
- Willingness to travel, work odd hours, and be very available
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Instinctive understanding of customer service and satisfaction, with ability to manage both
- BS/BA or higher level degree in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) strongly preferred
- Relevant FireEye or vendor certifications preferred
- Build strong business consulting relationships within assigned accounts and ensure alignment of internal resources i.e. Support, Systems Engineering, and Professional Services, to ensure consistency in the planning and implementation of high value solutions.
- Exercise strong financial skills in the evaluation and preparation of sales opportunities and sufficient organizational and project management skills to manage customer needs and drives issues to resolution.
- Lead sales strategy sessions for named accounts while contributing to and coordinating the execution of the account plans, ensuring the accurate production of account plans, business case preparation, appropriate contract presentation, and the effective delivery of account plan activities.
- Collect and communicate marketing requirements and competitive data, including pricing, feature needs, license models and value proposition strategies to product stakeholders.
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy and consistency of all sales data across all sales systems