H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Strategic Account Manager (SAM) to be the one voice to the customer and drive commercial goals by anticipating and meeting the needs of the customer in our durable assembly market. The SAM develops and owns a strategic plan for his/her own accounts, and drives the execution of the plan through expert communication, coordination of activities and influence of indirect resources.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) for Durable Assembly will have responsibility for 7 to 9 companies that are leaders within the Durable Assembly market in North America. The SAM will serve as the main HBF contact at the HQ office for these companies, work with the business manager and SAM director to develop the strategy for each company, and lead the team in the execution of these strategies. Additionally, the SAM will work with the local HBF Account Manager and GSM at the manufacturing sites for each company within their SAM portfolio to protect current business, uncover needs, and drive opportunities through the sales pipeline."
Base locations for this role can vary to include any major city in the mid-west or eastern U.S. including Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, Philadelphia, etc.
The Strategic Account Manager will have responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Develops strategy and an account plan for short and long term to defend and grow the account, optimize profitability, and manage risk
- Negotiates pricing and margin (aligned with the business) using value selling and the flip pricing tool to capture the optimum price and margin for HBF
- Drive customer intimacy by delivering HBF's value proposition tailored to meet the needs of the customer
- Promote, quantify and expertly sell value, which differentiates HBF in the market and adds value to our customers
- Provide insight to the customer through expert application of skills and knowledge. Anticipate current and future needs of the customer through deep understanding of the customer's business
- Demonstrates the ability to teach the customer on current market trends and issues, and is able to be a strategic partner to our customers on key issues such as industry and raw material trends
- Consistently manage activities to ensure all EHS requirements are followed
- Implement business pricing strategy, in consultation with business director, expertly delivers price increases and maintains the business
- Leverage all sales processes, including Salesforce.com.
- Identifies and prioritizes new business opportunities and communicates forecasting needs to the business
- Understands competitive landscape and how to position HBF for advantage
- Develops and owns cross-functional relationships across the strategic account from the C-suite to plant level
- Manage impact on profitability by promoting the right products, negotiating terms and conditions, providing reliable forecasting, and managing the impact on working capital
- Adapt easily to a dynamic environment and maintain high levels of motivation and engagement
- Partners with technical and R&D to ensure voice of the customer is received and acknowledged in the HBF R&D pipeline.
- Coaches and influences team members to implement the strategy
- Partners with Geographic Sales Managers, field sales, customer service, supply chain, and R&D to establish priorities, service levels and deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree required, with a preference for technical/mechanical or marketing
- Minimum of 6 years of industrial sales experience; could consider marketing or technical experience as alternative, with at least 3 years in Strategic Accounts with consistent at or above target performance
- Must have a valid driver's license and be willing to travel; travel time depends on size/geography of the territory, estimate is 50- 60%.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.