The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) - Dialysis grows the Dialysis division’s revenues, reputation and image by selling, servicing, and maintaining targeted large accounts. Critical responsibilities include engaging key customer executive management to understand needs, recommending supply and service solutions. The SAM maintains customer relationships, advises with specific key customers, responsible for business development in large accounts, works with vendor partners, collaborates with sales team and reports market trends and needs. Works to drive growth, increase market share, create brand loyalty and achieve desired sales and profitability goals.
• Provides ongoing support to large dialysis customers through regular contact, maintaining relationships and implementing strategic programs for account penetration.
• Monitors sales, gross profit and profitability of national accounts. Maintains national account formularies and monitors purchases off of formulary. Responsible for sales plan maintenance and provides direction on pricing strategies. Develops and conducts customer business reviews.
• Supports sales activities and initiatives within regional dialysis groups, collaborating with dialysis sales consultants and sales support staff to not only maintain business, but increase account penetration and profitability.
• Works with management in the development of promotional plans and sales strategies for corporate accounts and to drive increase market share in the dialysis segment. Will partner closely with dialysis vendor suppliers to assist in relationship and positioning of Henry Schein as their distributor of choice.
• Responsible for business development opportunities and activities in corporate accounts nationally.
• Communicates strategic information to management to ensure competitive strategies are executed. This effort will involve recommending actions to address or respond to competitive threats or service needs in the marketplace.
• Attends all meetings and participates in all training programs as required.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
At least 5 years of prior medical product sales-related experience required, preferable selling dialysis products
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Very good attention to detail and accuracy
• Customer service oriented and ability to work with and resolve complex issues
• Ability to plan and arrange activities
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to manage conflict
• Capacity to work effectively under pressure
• Analytical thinking
• Oversee small to medium sized projects
• Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities
• Establish productive working relationships at multiple levels within the organization