The Strategic Account Manager plays a key role in achieving Carlisle Interconnect Technologies Inc.'s (CIT) aggressive growth strategy by developing new business along with growing and sustaining existing business at acceptable margins. The Strategic Account Manger ensures CIT is professionally and responsibly represented in the industry, and that our organization meets the expected level of service, responsiveness, and quality requirements of our customers. The ideal candidate will be apt in developing strong relationships, solving customer needs by leveraging the breadth of the unique CIT product portfolio, implementing and executing a key account management plan, and developing and closing sales opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes professional selling methods to solicit and obtain sales of CIT products at targeted accounts.
- Submits regular objectives, action plans, and sales projections.
- Develops strong relationships with all levels of the customer.
- Leads the development and execution of the account management strategy that addresses the critical needs of the customer while driving CIT budgeted profit and volume expectations.
- Develops and implements strategies and actions to close sales funnel opportunities.
- Follows up with customers to ensure CIT is meeting or exceeding the expected service level.
- Provides problem solving, cost effective, and solution-oriented proposals.
- Acts as a liaison between customer and internal CIT team members to ensure all customer expectations are communicated, understood, and met throughout the organization.
- Acts as a responsible and cooperative team leader with other departments to address and resolve customer problems. Understands and works within CIT policies and procedures.
- Attends trade shows and hosts customer events that help align CIT better with customers.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the industry and identifies trends.
- Maintains the highest degree of product knowledge through continuing study of product characteristics including quality, engineering, competitive advantages, customer applications, benefits, and features.
*Other duties may be assigned*
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in a normal office environment with minimal physical risks involved. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
Travel up to 60% as needed.
The following Accountabilities are key to success in the role of Strategic Account Manager:
- Achieve or exceed the annual budgeted or minimum 6% Year Over Year Growth goal for designated account(s)
- Full utilization of the Miller Heiman Sales Process and Techniques with regular use of Blue Sheets, Green Sheets and Gold Sheets where applicable
- Full utilization of MS Dynamics by entering Sales opportunities into the Funnel on a weekly basis
- Meet or exceed sales funnel closed capture rate on opportunities with 70% probability of winning
- Provide Quarterly updates to the team and Management on the Key Account(s) including, but not limited to change in business performance within the industry, acquisitions, program wins, change in Leadership within Engineering, Supply Chain, and Management, & long-term growth strategy
- Provide timely submission of monthly reports and President's Letter
- Provide margin strategy at designated accounts to secure program business
- Create and execute Product Placement and Product Expansion Strategy at the designated/assigned accounts
- Provide Quarterly Strategic Account Review include the following:
- Create and execute an Account Roadmap StrategyIdentify Coaches and Key Decision Makers at designated accounts
- A long-term account Penetration Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years' Industry experience.
- Previous key or strategic account management preferred.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Employee should have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Employee should have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Employee should also have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Solid technical knowledge of interconnect products, including wire and cable, connectors and interconnect assembly services.
- Knowledge of, technical aptitude, and desire to learn the key selling points associated with the products, linking those to the accounts' needs.
- Working knowledge of financial reports and ratios; understand relationships of margins, inventory turns, costs, profit and loss, etc.
- High energy and sense of urgency to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Highly motivated; possess the desire to set and meet high performance standards based on excellence for the benefit of the customer, the individual, team members and internal customers.
- Maintains professional appearance and conduct.
- Has a thorough understanding and operates under Carlisle IT's policies and procedures. Has generalized working knowledge of the process and procedures that relate to the sales department's "internal customers".
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills to include mainframe and Microsoft Office products.
- Exceptional listening and insightful questioning skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling or similar sales methodologies is preferred.
- Strong preparation skills and ability to generate solid strategies around Opportunities.
- High level of drive for results, pride and desire to improve in the sales profession.
- Strong discipline around the sales process.
- Experience utilizing CRM Systems (MS Dynamics, Sales Force or similar) to their advantage.
- Able to work in a matrix environment.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.