Position Summary: The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) for Datacom and Data Centers has overall responsibility for sales efforts focused on Brady product and service offerings for OEMs, service providers, and infrastructure/construction associated with the Datacom value chain. Core activities include defining a strategy and tactical approach to achieving spec position, product qualification, and sales growth in this vertical. Must be familiar with Datacom value chains and have experience working with multi-site operations at key OEMs and named accounts in established and emerging markets.
Strategic Account Plans and Business Plans targeting growth will be developed by the SAM in conjunction with their Manager. The SAM will lead and coordinate efforts among Sales, Channel, Marketing, and Product Management to deliver measurable results aligned with overall divisional goals.
The SAM is also expected to partner with Regional Sales Managers (RMs) and Territory Managers (TMs) to support new opportunities and accelerate wins across the value chain within the Datacom vertical market.
This position is home office based with residence located within (50) miles of a major airport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop target account list(s) that will deliver market share growth and revenue driving opportunities for IDS (Identification Solutions) products and solutions.
- Create and maintain active Opportunity Pipeline and Dashboards using Salesforce.com
- Build and maintain relationships with decision makers and influencers at Strategic Accounts, OEMs and End Users to position Brady's total value with each customer
- Mentor TMs and provide knowledge based leadership in the selling environment. This includes product demonstrations, engineering meetings, specification reviews, automation / solutions assessments, creating total value propositions etc.
- Partner with Channel to support Distributor sales strategy.
- Provide relevant feedback to Product Managers and R&D Managers regarding Brady's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the designated industry.
- Considered the industry Subject Matter Expert for Sales, Marketing, and Product Management for designated markets / industries.
- Identify and participate in relevant industry groups and organizations to help develop and implement strategy.
- Participate in Quarterly Reviews with Manager to measure progress against milestones and make timely decisions to achieve positive business results.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university
- Minimum ten years of selling an industrial, technical product line or solution
- 50% to 70% travel required in this position
- A strong technical background coupled with creativity
- Ability to understand complex customer needs and align Brady capabilities to position differentiated products and solutions
- Familiarity with CRM tools
- Ability to identify and analyze customer data and trends to develop sales strategies
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- A drive to win in diverse selling environments as the lead or part of a broader team
- Ability to think 'big picture"
- Adaptable to changes in strategy and direction
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- An advanced degree in business or a related technical field will distinguish the most desirable candidate
- Minimum three years' experience developing and selling to named national or global accounts in Datacenter Operations and Management with a focus on critical infrastructure and