The Strategic Account Manager's (SAM) primary function is to develop and implement the core strategies and tactics to drive cross-platform sales performance across CHCs within their assigned geographic area. The SAM will be responsible for securing and maintaining dental agreements, influencing product selection choices and increasing market penetration of all cross-platform products and services. The SAM will be held accountable for achieving business objectives such as; conversion of competitive business, increased portfolio penetration and forecast attainment goals in accordance with all Healthcare Compliance guidelines.
A successful SAM will cultivate strategic partnerships within the corporate offices and their respective affiliates. Understanding the clinical, economic and business needs and aligning platform-wide resources across the dental platform to ensure access within each account and to drive demand. The SAM is expected to collaborate internally and externally with all stakeholders including executives in senior leadership positions, deans, sales management, marketing, product management, customer care and clinical affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow annual sales revenue within their geographic area / territory and achieve assigned forecast.
- Identify new Special Markets accounts and/or new opportunities within existing Special Markets accounts to drive category expansion, formulary expansion and revenue growth.
- Work within the guidelines of federally qualified health centers, hospital guidelines and/or purchasing/contract requirements.
- Responsible for supporting and often negotiating new agreements; manage existing agreements including contract renewals. Coordinate contract implementation with the field sales team and clearly communicate the contract objectives and opportunity to all stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with all platform Directors, Operating Company (OpCo)/Business Unit (BU) Regional Managers and all Territory Sales Representatives to establish local initiatives to protect and grow existing Special Market business.
- Proactively foster relationships to partner with key executive, economic and clinical decision makers across assigned Special Markets accounts.
- Facilitate and manage in-kind agreements and the grant application process.
- Be knowledgeable about the current dental platform product portfolio and sales volume by customer.
- Identify influential thought leaders within your customer accounts and work to understand the infrastructure and culture. Understand the customer requirements and seek ways to strategically grow the business.
- Drive superior territory management efficiency through agreed upon sales processes, Funnel Management, and Voice of Customer (VOC) initiatives.
- Effectively create and lead comprehensive customer business reviews to meet customer requirements.
- Serve as Primary Point of Contact for assigned Special Markets accounts.
- Actively manage all cross-platform activities. Gather and disseminate all incoming and outgoing communication with C-Suite/Executive level stakeholders. Lead and direct all account team activities.
- Attend and generate sales and sales leads at various tradeshows / sales events at the instruction or direction of the Primary Point of Contact and Sr. Leadership.
The SAM position requires an individual that can manage several projects or requests at the same time with strong attention to detail throughout. This role requires an individual that can complete requests, orders, etc. in a timely manner; also, will follow up as needed or promised to support internal and external clients. The SAM must be comfortable navigating and leveraging key people across the business to get work completed. The SAM must be adept at managing up for support when needed and identifying opportunities for robust and repeatable processes to implement when appropriate.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of successful Dental and/or Medical Device sales required.
- 2+ years of experience in CHC, hospital sales or something similar is required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must live within the assigned region/territory as defined by the hiring manager.
- A valid driver's license issued in one of the 50 United States is required