Strategic Account Manager - Central - OH, MI, KY, KS, MO
We are looking for competitive field sales representatives to call on new & existing customers and/or market new technologies. The Field Sales team?s goal is to drive revenue and profitability for the company and our vendor partner(s). This position is field-based, meaning you will live in the region you serve! Bring your experience, competitive nature, and skill set to the table and apply today to join our team!
Preferredlocations for this remote field position include the Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati regions in Ohio, or the Detroit or Grand Rapids regions in Michigan.
You will bring prior experience working for a tech distribution company or a hardware or software manufacturer. You will be very good at BOTH business development and major account management. And, you will have passion for technology.
- Travel up to 75%
- Generate and execute an account plan to ensure strategic and financial targets are met
- Use the account plan tool and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Expands the company's presence and market share in the defined geographical territory
- Identifies sales opportunities independently or through a collaborative effort with team members and the business partner community
- Manages customer expectations
- Introduce and successfully position value-add services
- Conceptualizes and drives the creation of in territory partner events
- Takes a consultative approach to help vendors identify new revenue opportunities or transform existing business models
- Proven ability to consistently meet and exceed sales results quarter over quarter.
- Manages portfolio with minimum annual revenues of $100M
- Conducts a minimum of ten face-to-face customer visits and three vendor partner meetings per week.
- Resolves and/or refers customer problems to the appropriate departments.
- Develops and maintains solid understanding of reseller's business model.
- Identify sales opportunities within new and existing accounts.
- Demonstrates general awareness of territorial opportunities through routine interactions with business and vendor partners.
- Takes a leadership role in coordinating cross departmental resources to carry out account plan.
- Displays proven leadership skills with the ability to provide guidance, direction, support and coaching to the inside sales team members, customer and peers.
- Utilizes business partner relationships, financial analysis/data and market knowledge to penetrate new accounts, close new business, and grow customer base
- Investigates and develops a case for penetration into new accounts
- Develops and maintains influential business partner relationships with an effort to produce and maintain a collaborative relationship.
- Identifies stakeholders for current business, fostering positive and frequent communication.*Performs additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Create and conduct formal presentations. Able to display a preference for interacting with people, being friendly, outgoing, articulate and socially at ease.
- Display assertiveness and a high level of self-confidence.
- Exhibit a strong level of vigor, intensity, competitiveness, and endurance.
- Maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure.
- Maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence. Able to provide courteous, timely service when addressing customer questions and concerns.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc) at a basic level.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision. Perform additional duties as assigned. Travel up to 75%.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- 4-6years of industry/direct customer experience
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred