Join Us! Fiserv has been named to FORTUNE® magazine’s 2017 list of World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the fourth consecutive year the company has been named to the list, which is a definitive benchmark of corporate reputation.
"Our people are the foundation upon which this recognition is based and I'm very proud of their commitment to client excellence. Their dedication to serving our clients each day is what makes Fiserv one of the most admired companies in the world." - Jeffery Yabuki, President and Chief Executive Officer
About our Business: The Financial & Risk Management Solutions business (FRMS) at Fiserv helps financial institutions optimize their use of and return on capital by making risk actionable and transparent within their organizations. Solutions are offered in multiple delivery modes including software products, customer-funded development, alliance services, consulting, ASP and hosted services. Key areas include:
- Financial performance management solutions for budgeting and planning, financial accounting, and funds transfer pricing and profitability
- Financial risk management solutions for credit, market and liquidity risk as well as asset/liability management
- Financial crime risk management solutions for fraud and money laundering detection and mitigation
- Financial control solutions for reconciliation, exception management and account certification
- Solutions for ACH, treasury management, check capture, case management and resolution, float management, and enterprise content management (ECM)
- Consulting services through the Payments Performance Management team
Strategic Account Manager is responsible for managing, supporting, and servicing the account related needs of an assigned set of strategic customers within the areas of Financial Risk Management solutions, with specific knowledge of the Cash and Logistic solutions. The Strategic Account Manager function will be focused on retaining recurring revenue, renewing contracts, creating new revenue opportunities from existing clients, closing that revenue and increasing customer loyalty and retention, while enhancing the number and quality of potential client references among a portfolio of assigned accounts.
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth of the assigned Key Accounts per quota goals.
- Manage large complex accounts, internally and externally.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the customers’ markets, their customers, and your main competitors.
- Implement and manage the effective delivery of key customer programs including communication strategies, customer training, user groups, customer conferences, and issue resolution.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with Fiserv cross functional leaders and team members to ensure the successful delivery of services to your customers.
- Investigate, track, and resolve customer and client concerns; identify trends and implement solutions.
- Develop strong customer relationships and assist the Sales Teams in growing risk and compliance solutions within our existing client base.
- Keep strong communication lines open with Sales Teams and Director of Account Management.
- Ensure optimal client feedback to Product Management, Sales Management, Marketing, or other departments with regard to product requirements and enhancements.
- Assist with coordinating the Fiserv Key Account strategies and plans with the activities and actions of other business units at Key Accounts.
- Determine customers’ unmet needs and translate internally for adequate follow up.
- Establish and strengthen customer relationships with decision makers across functions and regions.
- Manage the overall customer satisfaction and profitability for all assigned accounts.
- Retain and grow your assigned book of business including meeting or exceeding up-sell targets.
- Further develop the client relationship at senior levels within the accounts and broaden the footprint of the risk and compliance product set.
- Proactively conduct strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis to review service needs and usage trends.
- Develop and implement key account plans for assigned accounts.
- Identify products and pricing that meet customer needs and business objectives.
- Conduct Rate Reviews/Billing disputes and credits with strategic customers upon request.
- Field account and product related direct calls from clients for issues and requests that require Account Manager involvement.
- Retain accounts through the development of strong relationships with key decision makers and users within an organization.
- Ensure customers are proficient in using services by identifying user needs and providing services options to meet those needs (e.g. training services).
- Proactively develop relationships with key users and provide Product Marketing team with customer feedback on product improvements.
- Proactively identify Accounts whose revenue may be shrinking so as to address any ‘at risk’ customers and reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained as customers.
- Develop a strong understanding of clients within assigned client portfolios that includes business drivers, strategies, competitive position in the marketplace, and industry trends.
- Build, enhance and execute long term client relationships and communication with key executives, decision makers and influencers, and to establish themselves as trusted advisors to this audience within the client organization.
- Ensure engagement of appropriate Fiserv sales strategies for all “impactful” revenue opportunities within the existing client base.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, marketing, computer science and/or related field required.
- Sales and/or account management experience in the cash and logistics industry.
- Minimum of 10years’ experience within or serving financial institutions, specifically banks and insurance companies.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience in a field sales, pre-sales, client management or implementation of software solutions, ideally in a similar solution area.
- Experience indicating an understanding of / or ability to quickly acquire in depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities above.
- Experience indicating ability as an independent problem solver able to solve problems without precedents or guidelines.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Experience indicating an understanding of /or ability to quickly acquire in depth understanding of relevant risk and compliance markets.
- Consulting and Big 4experience a plus.
- Proven relationship and managerial abilities to motivate and manage individuals.
- Strategic orientation and presence as a senior management resource.
- Ability to effect change within an organization.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communications skills (written and oral).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of solution sales methodology, customer buying process, and negotiation techniques.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer facing situations.
- Knowledge of the workings of a broad range of financial institutions, financial processes and financial instruments.
- Knowledge of the Account Management function and Account Management processes within a software organization.
- Significant knowledge of the different functional groups of the organization and the roles that they play in relation to Account Management and each other.
- Familiarity with matrix organizations and how to successfully work cross-functionally.
- Advanced knowledge of the sales process.
- Strong analytical skills, both financial and non-financial.
- In depth understanding of trends effecting the markets FRMS products serve.
- High degree of professionalism in appearance and manner.