This position will be responsible to leverage our technical expertise by providing practical knowledge of technical solutions to support their production system and business growth. This involves knowledge of live production practices, facilities, and nutrition programs. This position requires production performance monitoring and analysis as an important component of customer service.
35% Customer Relations and Business Development
- Represents Cargill Premix & Nutrition (CPN) to the customer’s senior people, develops strong relationships with their counterpart in the customer organization, and develops a deep understanding of the customer’s business. Engage senior leaders in the annual account planning process and in regular progress updates.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
30% Account Management
- Responsibility for all account management core processes including customer information gathering (CRM System), technical deployment, account planning and delivery of customer solutions.
- Develop and implement effective business strategies with customers to grow business on a profitable basis with current key accounts and develop new business with prospective targeted accounts.
- Business planning and development on execution of annual sales strategy for assigned accounts based on strategic importance, understanding of CAN market segments, first-hand customer information, and in alignment with overall business unit strategy.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
25% Customer Solutions & Value
- Responsible for bringing technical expertise to provide clients with state-of-the-art nutrition knowledge). Helping them understand how Cargill Animal Nutrition/ Cargill Premix & Nutrition can provide solutions for them and improve profitability.
- Solution selling approach in development and grow by identifying customer needs, and delivering back to the customer, solutions that deliver measureable value.
- Leads identification and creation of a solution that best addresses the customer’s need, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
10% Collaboration & Resource Allocation
- Responsibility for the leadership of others that will contribute to influence or impact the execution of the plan.
- Organizing the involvement of company resources, including support, service, people and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, marketing or other related field
- 8+ years of sales experience in dairy industry, animal nutrition, or feed additives market or related experience
- Superior analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve highly ambiguous problems
- Desire, passion, history of building strong customer relationships
- Excellent communications skills with both internal personnel and external customers
- Strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal)
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Cross-functional collaboration within the business
- Ability to travel 50-70%
- 10+ years of sales experience in dairy industry, animal nutrition or feed additives market
- Experience selling and providing technical support to feed producers and animal protein producers