The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for advancing near term and long-term strategies in support of the goals and objectives of one of our largest key client groups. The SAM is a market facing and internal liaison who will work with the Strategic Relationship Director to develop and deepen relationships between the client and Regence. This role will ensure that new products, product enhancements, solutions and pilot programs are brought forward for consideration and successfully implemented in accordance with a multiyear strategic business plan.
As a committed and accountable team member, the SAM will work closely with the customer's team members, and with internal business partners to advance initiatives in a matrixed environment coordinating all stakeholders involved in serving the account.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Ensures a clear understanding of client needs and recommends strategies or programs in order to most effectively achieve client business objectives. Promotes a partnership/collaborative approach tonegotiations and strives to attain win-win outcomes.
- Pro-actively addresses client issues. Anticipates needs of customers and meet those needs before customer asks for help. Anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them.
- Acts as a first point of contact for escalated issue resolution. Works with customers and internal teamsto ensure sustainable business processes routinely deliver on service level agreements.
- Displays an enthusiastic, fully committed, and self-directed approach to work. Provides leadership and fosters cooperation among team members.
- Understands and utilizes resources within the company (e.g. Provider Network Management, Healthcare Services, Underwriting) to achieve customer's objectives.
- Maintains an awareness of the interrelationships among activities in an area or project, planning workassignments and resource allocation accordingly. Analyzes situations logically to identify root causes. Identifies priority or key issues in a complex problem or situation.
- Develops creative solutions for customers while ensuring compliance with Plan requirements.
- Develops strong relationships with designated consultants and stakeholders (e.g. vendors, other third parties key to account success)
- Monitors business/industry conditions, customer developments and competitive activities. Works with Strategic Relationship Director to anticipate changing market conditions and implement adjustments as needed to support the account management team approach.
- The Strategic Account Manager would have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or Marketing and 10 years of health plan and/or account management experience, including experience servicing large group accounts or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strategic account relationships, both directly with the customer, and on the customer's behalf with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to balance the needs of the customer with the realities of our business; skilled at achieving win-win outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to be a proactive consultative partner capable of understanding a wide range of subject matter, presenting solutions which advance the customer's goals and align with health plan business strategies and objectives.
- Proven experience leading collaborative strategic planning, developing supporting documentation, creation of financial business cases, and operational execution.
- Strong communications skills, both customer facing and internally; the ability to achieve goals through influence and advocacy; skilled at bringing colleagues together to achieve customer goals.
- Experience developing and delivering effective, relevant presentations to customers and internalstakeholders.
- Knowledge of industry trends in healthcare, as well as federal and state legislative and regulatory issues.
- Ability to positively adapt to the changing priorities of the customer and the health plan.
- If you do not already live in WA state, relocation to WA would be a requirement for success in this role.