Strategic Account Manager / Business Development Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Automotive
Position Title: Strategic Account Manager / Business Development Manager
Location: Quebec, Canada
Reports To: National Director, Business Development
Key Position Responsibilities
Strategic Account (SA) / Integrated Supply (I/S) Sales & Profit Growth Activities
- Lead the planning, coordination, and implementation of product and service sales growth activities at existing and targeted Strategic Account clients throughout Quebec area.
- Proactively position company to retain and renew existing accounts and client agreements without the agreement being put out to bid.
- Actively engage with, and support, VP’s, Directors, and RM’s during the sales planning process pertaining and sales cycle as it relates to growing revenue at existing and targeted SA clients.
- Oversee the effective management of all client RFP’s and unique SA client site specific project requirements in conjunction with field sales/operations teams and corporate operations teams.
- Oversee / support efforts to research, evaluate, and establish new SA and I/S agreements; coordinate and manage implementation activities, collect data from clients, branches and regional personnel to assess client potential and feasibility of client opportunities.
- Conduct quarterly & annual performance reviews with assigned clients and proactively report on & document performance level gaps - both internally and externally.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing SA client personnel, at all levels, and key suppliers to ensure that the terms of our SA agreement are both supported and adhered to.
- Proactively develop new relationships with targeted SA client personnel, at all levels, to position company to successfully grow market share, revenue and profit.
- Support efforts to promote and improve supply chain management (SMS) services.
- Act as a liaison between branches and clients; assist branches, regional and area management in selling the value of unique services to existing and targeted client facilities.
- Proactively monitor report on and track all competitor activities to help AIT Canada successfully position itself to win additional I/S and SA clients.
- Responsible for the successful implementation and ongoing management oversight of all existing and targeted strategic account client activities in geographic region of responsibility.
- Lead & support proactive supplier negotiation efforts focused on improving SA profit, and/or enhancing services delivered to SA clients, in conjunction with company’s operational teams.
- Keep client and field personnel advised of developments; handle complaints, work with corporate, branch & client personnel to correct problems & meet the needs of existing & targeted clients.
- Guide and where possible help to train branch personnel on key contract compliance / management issues such as: Pricing, Inventory, Technology, DVA Performance, Reporting, Terms, Logistics, Sales Call Scheduling, S.C. Service levels, etc.
Required Experience and Education
- Bilingual in French and English
- 5 or more years of experience in the IndustrialDistribution and/or MRO industry experience, including direct experience generating new and expanding existing Strategic Account clients & MRO products and services
- Capability to interact with customer engineering and maintenance personnel
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Highly capable of interacting with senior level client personnel in an effective and professional manner.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Able to travel30-40%
To Apply: Email resume in English in MS Word