The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for retaining existing customers, expanding “wallet share” in existing customers and adding new customers.
The target customer is national or strategic in scope, multiple sites/states and a minimum annual spend. The Strategic Account Manager works in a coordinated fashion with Area Vice Presidents, District Managers and Account Managers to achieve goals in selling Airgas’ complete value and product offering to include on-site generation, gases, welding consumables, safety products / PPE and abrasives.
- Lead and promote safety, attend safety meetings and strictly observe safety rules. Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately, and investigated promptly.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Builds strong relationships with all branch personnel and create open communication with branch managers to grow and support business.
- Develop proposals, presentations and pricing agreements for strategic accounts
- Actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts with emphasis on gases through product supply agreements.
- Maintains and upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge.
- Completes and turns in sales-related paperwork (call reports, cylinder audits, month-end reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Prepares annual sales analysis and forecasts for manager.
- Provides market and competitor information to manager.
- Maintains a professional and neat appearance of self and vehicle when representing the company
- Ensures customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
- Manage pricing strategies and gross margins of assigned accounts.
- Schedule joint sales calls Airgas Specialists, Account Managers and District Managers.
- Analyze existing regional company customer database; identify potential within that database and develop strategies for acquiring/enhancing this business.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting existing strategic account activity within the regional company.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 5+ years’ successful experience in field/outside sales with successful track record of displaying initiative and exceeding sales expectations;
- Experience negotiating, implementing, and following contracts and/or PSAs;
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines;
- Adequate computer skills;
- Must be able to work in a drug-free environment.