Salesforce.org - Marketing and Industry StrategiesJob Details
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Nonprofit - Fundraising
Location: San Francisco
We are looking for a talented, self-directed, Sr. Product Marketer who will be responsible for providing a comprehensive view of the fundraising market, our customers, and driving marketing strategies that deliver against customer needs. This role will focus on developing and executing launch, demand generation, sales enablement, and lead generation strategies for our marketing and engagement solutions for nonprofits.
Programs will span events, campaigns, social media programs, references and case studies. Candidates will have a passion for taking the complex and making it simple, and for marketing through compelling stories. This is an amazing opportunity to have impact with thousands of nonprofits and higher education institutions, while working on the world's most innovative platform for delivering impactful applications. The team is one where self-directed individuals thrive, and one where your vision for increasing the impact of technology and education in the social change sector can be realized.
The Sr. product marketer will be required to be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about leading the development, execution and strategy for effective, scalable, end-to-end business solutions. Our Product Marketers work cross-functionally with every team within Salesforce.org; from diving into the market to develop extensive market subject matter expertise, to sitting in on customer calls with the sales team, and working internally to refine internal sales enablement content and market facing collateral. This role will also work with our partner and alliances team to deliver world-class engagement with our Nonprofit customers. As to be expected in a startup-like environment, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility is required. The Sr. Product Marketing Manager will report to the Nonprofit Industry leader and will be a key member of a small and growing innovative team.
- Develop and execute creative go-to-market strategies cross-functionally based on market analysis.
- Partner with Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org Product Management to understand the product strategy. Translate product functionality and benefits into compelling marketing messages.
- Build and execute product launch plans that are fully synced with business & revenue goals and align with pipeline generation targets.
- Collaborate with Content, Campaigns, Digital and Field Marketing teams to define and drive innovative awareness and demand campaigns and events strategies to support business objectives and build pipe.
- Develop customer-facing materials that clearly articulate the value of our products. Deliver webinars, data sheets, solution guides, demo videos and other content for all funnel stages. Create visionary and compelling customer-facing presentations.
- Produce effective sales enablement materials, such as cheat sheets, FAQs, and competitive information, making it easy for Sales to understand product offerings and key positioning.
- Ensure Salesforce.org is viewed as a thought leader in the nonprofit sector and help evangelize the value of our solutions.
- Confidently deliver presentations to audiences of all sizes (ranging from one person to hundreds of people)
- Track, measure and report against objectives
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Combined 7+ years experience in product marketing for a high tech company or Marketing/Fundraising at a nonprofit.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative products, preferably with familiarity of the cloud/SaaS and CRM
- Understanding of fundraising market landscape
- Top-notch messaging, positioning, and storytelling, with experience crafting compelling marketing content
- High energy, charismatic, innovative, creative
- Stellar public speaking skills
- Persuasive communicator to build momentum and buy-in from other teams
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast pace environment
- Organizational skills to effectively manage competing projects with tight deadlines
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- MBA a plus (but we also love brilliant people who didn't go to business school)
- Think Strategically -- Knows what it takes to give your business the competitive advantage. Ability to see the forest through the trees in a dynamic environment. Can develop relevant, sustainable solutions. Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Make Smart Decisions -- Analyzes and synthesizes broad, cross-business or cross-discipline information that leads to breakthroughs or significant insight. Makes an impact.
- Focus on Customer Success -- Builds and maintains relationships with customers; shapes solutions that have significant positive impact on their business.
- Drive Results -- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on both the bottom line and customer success.
- Collaborate & Communicate -- Works well within a team environment. Writes and presents effectively in 1:1 and group situations. Gives others a voice.
*LI-Y In the future, we see a better world. And the changemakers creating that better world should have the tools and technology to make this happen. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and--above all--connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits, educational institutions, and philanthropic organizations so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good.