The Strategic Account Executive is a customer-facing role, with significant relationship management skills required. This position is high profile in the industry which pursues opportunities based upon client relationships. Responsible for setting pricing levels, negotiating contracts, involvement with strategic planning and leading the sales effort for National accounts. The Strategic Account Executive will partner with the Regional Sales team to execute individual opportunities and chiefly be responsible for obtaining new accounts, servicing existing accounts, and managing national accounts and events for the corporate event, hotel, and event staging market.
- Cultivates and maintains favorable contacts with key major accounts of the organization for the sales of products and services and identifying new potential customers and developing a sales and marketing plan to serve these customers.
- Partners with regional (local) sales executive team to execute individual sales opportunities
- Demonstrates products or services and provides assistance in the best application of product or services
- Answers all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate coordination of sales, negotiations where required
- Close transactions and take orders from customers and submit them to sales agents for writing and quoting the details.
- May be be responsible for assisting with large orders, ensuring the customer receives the correct gear for a given event by working with PRG/VER’s operations team. Customers may change their needs, find problems with equipment, or need additional gear. The sales Representative may be the first point of contact to arrange to accommodate these needs.
- May coordinate company technical engineering support and services to ascertain Customer’s needs
- Estimates time and sales expenses expected and submits to management
- Interprets accounts, trends and records to management
- Monitors competition by gathering information on pricing, products, new products,
- Recommends changes in products and service based on customer needs
- Support marketing efforts of PRG/VER by marketing new equipment offerings to customers. This would involve both learning the features of equipment and the active development of a marketing approach for this equipment to new customers
- Investigates product/service warranty claims to ensure resolution within marketing policies
- Has complete knowledge of organization's policies, products and equipment, technical knowledge and/or services
- Analyzes records of present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred
- Participates in the development of annual sales and expense plans at the local level
- Monitors annual sales plan and expense plan and budget for each area in the country
- May specialize in a specific product or service
- Seven or more years of experience in equipment sales/rental and/or live event management
- Outstanding customer service experience and skills
- Outstanding prospecting and negotiating skills
- High motivation for sales and ability to close
- Excellent ability to maintain close client relationships
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Technical Knowledge of audio/visual equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with CRM Software preferred, but not required
- BA degreepreferred
Job ID 2019-1441