Strategic Account Executive
This exempt-level sales position has direct regional sales responsibility in the assigned area. Primary sales are directed toward established municipalities and end users within the region. Working under the direction of the Vice-President of Technology Sales, the Strategic Account Executive is provided the opportunity to learn or expand upon his/her knowledge of the water distribution industry and sales knowledge/strategies, all while earning a competitive base salary plus commissions! Company car and full benefit offerings make for a well-rounded total package for the right individual.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Call on end product users to promote new and existing product lines and develop favorable specification position.
- Provide complete service to both established and new customers including: quotations, product training, technical and literary support, product complaint, inventory maintenance, and delivery issues.
- Perform product training for end users and other customers to promote advantages of Mueller product and enhance specification position.
- Develop cooperative relationships with customers and/or end user personnel to enhance product demand.
- Establish sales goals and specification objectives to meet company sales budget.
- Identify significant bid opportunities and provide complete project information, including price strategy.
- Provide after sale service support, including warranty and claims management.
- Actively participate in trade organizations to promote Mueller products.
- Continuously update end users database for territory.
- Provide sales management with monthly sales forecast and market overview.
- A minimum of ten (10) years outside sales experience in the water distribution industry or related field (construction, piping, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business, engineering, or communications-related field.
- Aptitude and comfort with selling technology-based sales solutions and platforms.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and othertechnology-based productivity tools (i-Squared, Salesforce.com, NetSuite, OnContact, Maximizer CRM, TeamWox, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations.
- Ability to routinely travel 75% of work schedule (estimated 3-4 days/week of travel with one office day).
- Ability to cover large geographical sales territory.
- Intermediate computer experience with particular proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs.
- High level of outgoing interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements and the ability to deliver presentations to large (30+) groups of customers and other external contacts. Have ability to stand and give presentations for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 40 lbs. to maneuver products during demonstrations.