Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are driven, supported and committed to playing a major role in Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership enables an environment that promotes personal and professional growth, as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in realizing the vision of the company. Smartsheet is looking for a proven hunter to build inroads within a named set of accounts in verticals such as: Financial Services, Consulting, Healthcare, Insurance and Education. Territory covers Eastern PA, New Jersey, New York and New England. Accounts in these verticals may have small to no Smartsheet footprints. Experience selling into these verticals and demonstrated situational awareness and business acumen is required.
This candidate will be comfortable working in a team selling environment and will develop territory and account plans that draw on teams aligned to support their strategy: Customer Success, Sales Engineering, Event Marketing, Account Based Marketing and Inside Sales. Candidate will position the Smartsheet platform across a diverse set of use cases and roles, taking a multi-pronged approach to positioning our value. Leveraging established Smartsheet playbooks will be critical in positioning and driving solution-focused deals.
Looking for an individual with grit and determination and a desire to build out a vertically aligned territory from the ground up. Candidate will have strong executive presence and be highly proactive in forging executive level relationships within accounts. Candidate must be viewed as a trusted business adviser to key roles within their accounts. Smartsheet is a high growth SaaS company with millions of users in 150 countries experiencing substantial value from the use of the innovative Smartsheet collaborative work management platform. Company leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry. This high profile role will work remote to cover a small number of named Global 1000 accounts in the NY Metro area and will report to the Director of Strategic Sales -- East.
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Execute a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within a strategic account
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high value needs across multiple functions and business lines
- Ability to effectively articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet’s unique business, solution and functional value
- Define account strategies that enable sales velocity by partnering with Solutions Engineer and Strategic Sales Representative
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer initiatives and position Smartsheet as an enterprise software solution provider
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet in the execution of daily sales activities
- Track all relevant sales activity using the company's CRM platform
- Demonstrated strategic sales success – track record of exceeding quotas; recognition, awards
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling software, preferably enterprise SaaS solutions
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with Global 1000 senior line-of-business and IT executives, as well as operational managers
- Proven 'hunter' (new business) selling skills
- Passion for working with emerging cloud technologies
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with, and effective execution of, a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Understands the difference between activity and results; solid work ethic
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with Smartsheet team members
- Smartsheet, Salesforce.com, Google apps, Tableau skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degreerequired