Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
As a Strategic Account Director, you will drive new deals and account growth for our largest and most strategic customers. As Upwork continues to disrupt traditional recruiting models we will look to you to educate prospects on our unique freelancer and remote staffing solutions. You will be partnered with sales engineering and program management to help build award-winning flexible work programs. This position reports to our Sr. Director of Strategic Accounts and will require frequent travel.
- Identify and close new account opportunities within the Fortune 100
- You will target and engage meaningful C level and Executive decision makers at the enterprise levels in order to drive awareness and sponsorship
- Forecast and manage your sales pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Present and gather business objectives and requirements during consultative sales meetings with prospects and customers
- Accurately track and record customer communications and activity in salesforce.com
- Fully manage and drive the sales cycle
- You will partner with Sales Engineering and Program Management to build and deliver detailed account plans
- Frequent travel for client on-sites
What It Takes To Catch Our Eye:
- 8-10+ years experience selling complex staffing programs or contingent workforce software solutions
- Successful track record of consultative strategic sales with C-level prospects
How To Really Knock Our Socks Off:
- Strong background in large account planning and expansion
- Competitiveness: an appetite to do more, faster, bigger, and better than others
- High energy and the ability to establish trust and credibility with prospects and customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, solve problems and think on your feet
- Background in HR Tech / Recruiting SaaS preferred
- Experience selling into Technology, Marketing, HR or Procurement preferred
- Self-motivated, driven and accountable.