We are seeking to welcome a Strategic Account Director within our Retirement and Insurance business, which encompassing $136 billion of Franklin Templeton’s AUM as of December 31, 2020. Business strategy and execution are focused on developing and managing holistic, strategic partnerships and creating new markets of distribution across core investment and vehicle capabilities, customized solutions and Digital Wealth/FinTech partnerships for insurance and retirement clients.
The Strategic Account Director will manage, develop and drive strategic relationships for Franklin Templeton within the Retirement and Insurance businesses. This includes representing Franklin Templeton’s investment platform through in conjunction with our Specialized Investment Managers to develop, deliver and service product and investment solutions while driving a comprehensive partnership strategy across Franklin Templeton’s value chain to execute on clients’ overall business needs.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Associate, Product Research & Strategy?
- Responsibilities, to be accomplished both individually or in partnership, encompass both investment research and national accounts/business management.
- Investment research leads coverage of investment research and product development teams, including CIOs and Investment Analysts to drive business development and account retention.
- Focus is on growing and maintaining investment accounts across the range of FT vehicles and sub-advisory mandates. The Strategic Account Manager, among other opportunities, will lead investment reviews, board meetings, PM engagements, and coordinate investment thought leadership presentations.
- National accounts responsibilities include overseeing retirement and insurance home office relationships, driving the holistic business strategy and delivering value beyond the investment relationship.
- The Strategic Account Director liaises frequently with internal partners to execute on business development, sales strategy, marketing opportunities, client events, and broader partnership growth initiatives.
What ideal qualifications would help someone to be successful?
- Ideally 10 years of investment industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required
- CFA preferred
- A strong and agile internal collaborator with ability to engage and partner with executive/senior leadership, Specialized Investment Managers and internal colleagues
- Excellent communication skills and strong capital markets, business, product and investment knowledge
- Desire to excel in a multi-faceted, decentralized global organization with extensive resources and a highly collaborative culture
- Vision and mindset to align with business strategy focused on diversification, innovation and building long-term, holistic client relationships
- Consultative, outcome-oriented and strategic thinker with a proven ability to deliver
- Preference for established relationships with business leaders and influential decision makers within the Retirement and Insurance industries