LivePerson is a global leader in enterprise to consumer digital communications. Our investment in artificial intelligence, bots, big datatechnologies, real-time analytics and a world-class hosted messaging platform makes our technology possible at scale and serves the world’s largest enterprises with companies such as American Express, IBM, T-Mobile, Lowes, Home Depot and many others.
Our company was the innovator and is a leader of online chat and is now leading the industry in the move to enterprise messaging. This is a very unique time to enter the company as we spent the past four years building a new platform called LiveEngage. Our goal is to disrupt the 1-800 number and enable consumers to message brands with their mobile devices like they message their friends and family with Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, and SMS. We are successfully pivoting out from our core of chat to this new transformational opportunity with most of our customers now on the new LiveEngage platform.
Join the revolution and work on one of the biggest OpenStack clouds in the world! We give our employees the opportunity to shape the future of the organization and design their own career.
We are looking for a Sales Executive to join our North American Sales region, which is our single largest market today with annual revenue currently exceeding $100mm with total global revenue exceeding $200mm. In the role of Sales Executive, you will be responsible for prospecting into enterprise target accounts, building pipeline across a range of opportunities, managing multiple complex sales processes simultaneously, forecasting accurately and ultimately closing new customers for LivePerson’s LiveEngage SaaS offering and services.
In return, this position offers compelling income potential in one of the most strategic, fastest-growing segments of the messaging technology industry and an opportunity to join a company at the forefront of establishing de facto leadership in the messaging market.
The Sales Executive must have a proven sales track record of successfully selling solutions within the enterprise technology / SAAS industry that have delivered significant transformational value to enterprise customers.
This individual will be a key member of the LivePerson North American Sales team and will play a critical role in helping LivePerson exploit its new LiveEngage messaging platform to enterprise customers across all major industry segments and helping the company target the multi-billion dollar revenue opportunity that exists today.
What You Will Own?
- Play key role in driving the North American sales management process and ensure the rigor and discipline required is in place and adhered to to effectively manage and forecast opportunities to enable the scaling of our business.
- Drive new prospect sales across all key industry segments with a focus on Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Travel & Transportation, Telecommunication, and Technology & Services.
- Collaborate with our Partnership team and partner ecosystem (examples: IBM Global Business Services, IBM Watson, Accenture etc.) to develop and close a robust joint sales pipeline.
- Partner with our Marketing team to take ownership of and convert all leads resulting from our marketing efforts / community events to opportunities resulting in new customers
- Partner with our consulting and technical services team in the development of prospect specific solutions
- Develop and lead strategic sales and account close plans to achieve / exceed our booking and revenue targets
- Maintain expertise on all aspects of Liveperson’s product and services offerings including from the perspective of any domain: digital; ecommerce, call center; customer service back office, marketing and sales
- Maintain expertise on all competitive products and services
- Remain current on customer preferences and options, by attending meetings and shows and/or conferences.
- Promote brand, solution and company thought leadership
- Negotiate terms and contracts with prospects, while partnering internally with fellow functional colleagues (e.g. in legal, finance, customer success, professional services etc.).
- Monitoring market data, competitive products and prospect feedback to enhance our sales strategies, market strategies and product roadmap
- Drive and manage an accurate bookings and revenue forecast in Salesforce.com
What You Need For Success?
- Requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years of highly successful enterprise technology sales experience, with a demonstrated track record of consistent over-achievement against assigned quota and other performance goals resulting high level of income attainment.
- Past experience should be with market leading companies that dominated their segment.
- Must have experience selling complex, strategic solutions to enterprise companies.
- Knowledge and experience in managing a highly complex SaaStechnology and transformational sales solution process is essential.
- Prior experience in a start-up environment is not required but will be weighed positively.
- Prior experience in key industry segments such as Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Telecommunications, Travel & Transportation, and Technology and Services are a plus.
- Candidates should have a strong executive presence – intelligent, polished, and articulate.
- Experience with long sales cycles preferred.
- Proven performance in achieving and exceeding assigned sales and performance goals
- Ability to cultivate and coordinate internal and external key stakeholder relationships
- Excellent computer, presentation, communication and time management skills
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- A natural self-starter, one whom possesses a high level of initiative
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Sharp, energetic, assertive and results-oriented
- Ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships at varying levels of an organization including the C-Suite.
- Well versed with management of Salesforce.com
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Frequent domestic / U.S. travelrequired visiting prospects.
- Need to be able to work independently from home and during travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet simultaneous sales objectives.
- Remote prospecting and internal work required; need to be comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions.
- Work or travel on weekends is sometimes required to meet prospects needs to ensure successful revenue generation.