CGI is seeking to hire a Strata Business Analyst in the Wilmington, DE area. In this role, you will be responsible for working directly with clients to define the functional requirements associated with a Strata implementation, upgrade, and/or consulting engagement. As an analyst, you will work with the client's Risk Management personnel to define/refine business treatment strategies and overall Decisioning software requirements in order to understand how the client's account base will be handled within Strata.
This is an exciting opportunity to experience the use of CGI’s premier software, Strata, in a high impact part of a global bank. You will be exposed to and work with seasoned client personnel in helping them satisfy critical regulatory obligations. The role requires working with both business and technology groups and has high upward visibility – reporting directly to the team leader of this initiative.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Write robust, efficient and maintainable business rules, as well as maintain existing rules across multiple languages
• Develop robust and scalable designs for software applications
• Develop, recommend and execute business plans/strategy for functional area
• Understand current applications and technical architecture while ensuring adherence to architecture standards
• Create technical and functional documentation in cooperation with Business Leads to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements
• Execute system and unit tests of software applications
• Assist Testers and technical support staff in identifying and resolving defects
• Drive the resolution and communication of application defects
• Measure and report development progress and schedule, including defect tracking and risk assessments
• Ensure development methodologies are followed and are compliant with Chase standards
• Participate in continuous improvement and proactively support knowledge sharing within the department
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• The Strata Business Analyst is expected to have very strong communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment (e.g., work well with Strata technical team).
• Minimum of 5 years of prior experience as a business analyst
• Proven ability to work with and guide users in a functional design capacity.
• 2+ years of related experience or equivalent overall experience typically gained through business rules programming experience
• Superior Interpersonal Relationship skills – excellent influence, negotiation and presentation skills are a must.
• Working knowledge of Ab Initio or Strata Business Rules engines preferred
• Proven understanding and demonstrated use of RDBMS, Teradata or Oracle databases are preferred
• Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Credit card and Risk Management experience is a plus
• Ability to influence technology & business managers across organizational boundaries through formal and informal channels as well as instantly develop strong rapport and build relationships with individuals and teams at multiple levels of the organization
• Ability to be proactive with a strong bias for action, naturally inquisitive, and bias for continuous improvement of practices / process
• Strong sense of ownership - Feeling of personal accountability for all areas in scope. Willingness to drive people on all sides of an issue to a common understanding and then drive them toward resolution
• Experience in issue management and resolution
Position ID: J0917-1398