DAA is searching for a Stormwater Engineer with 5 plus years of experience to join our team in Raleigh, NC. Our team focuses on hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and stormwater design for a variety of types of projects including large to mid-sized municipal, transportation, and transit projects with opportunities to work on all project phases from program management to master planning, design, and construction services. Knowledge and experience analyzing and designing storm drainage projects that meet water quality, green infrastructure, and sediment and erosion control criteria is essential. There is potential for involvement in additional related work including hydraulic performance and scour evaluation at bridges, flood control, and watershed issues.
- Provide engineering assistance for small and midsized project and participate on multi-disciplinary large complex project teams.
- Participating in a wide variety of difficult to complex hydrologic and stormwater investigations and modeling; assist with the production of engineering feasibility studies, designs, specifications and costs estimates, provide technical memoranda and reports, meet with clients, present findings, and review client submittals.
- Work independently in addition to planning, organizing, and assisting groups of teams of professionals and technicians dependent on project/task.
- Assist in permitting efforts.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE). An MSCE is a plus.
- 5+ years of storm drainage experience.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D and/or with MicroStation and GeoPak focused on storm drain system analysis is a plus.
- Experience with NCDOT related hydrologic and hydraulicdesign a plus.
- Professional Engineer in North Carolina or ability to obtain North Carolina PE license within 6 months.
- Knowledge of Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit requirements.
- Demonstrated working skills with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software including PondPak, HEC-RAS and SWMM.
- Familiarity with GIS tools like ArcGIS is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse project team.
- Ability to travel as required for project related assignments.