CoC Job Details
If you applied to Job Opening #121387, then you do not need to re-apply to this posting to be considered for these positions. You will be considered for these positions under the previous posting.
These positions (up to four) are based in Engineering and Property Management’s Storm Water Services Division and are responsible for providing project management skills and principles in conjunction with the planning, design and construction of storm water infrastructure improvement projects in support of the Engineering Team. These positions are also involved in managing engineering consultants that perform planning, design and construction administration of storm water infrastructure improvement projects, stream restoration projects and pollution control projects. Project budgets range from $500,000 to $10,000,000.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Completing technical review of consultant prepared planning reports, construction plans, cost estimates and contract specifications for technical competency, consistency and constructability issues; managing/controlling project schedules, budgets and design requirements for flood control, stream restoration, and water quality projects; serving as lead coordinator for clients and citizens on all assigned projects; and providing customer service by serving as key divisional and team resource.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or a related field plus 3 years of progressive work experience in planning, design and construction of storm drainage systems. Licensure as a Professional Engineer is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to successfully perform project management tasks including the proactive management of the critical path in project initiation, planning, implementation and closeout.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop technical reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, departments, City Officials and the public.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply conflict resolution techniques.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
A valid driver’s license, a good driving record with the ability to obtain and maintain a City Driving Permit.
Salary Range: Negotiable DOQ up to market rate of $85,938