In accordance with established procedures, this position is responsible for supervising a team of Sales Call Centre and Storefront Associates to ensure all key performance indicators are met. Main responsibilities of this role is to ensure representatives promote Cogeco products, retain existing customers, are efficient and deliver world class service to customers over the phone and face to face.
- Provides day to day supervision, coaching, guidance and development to a team of sales and customer service representatives. Motivates, sets, and communicates team objectives and ensures targets are achieved.
- Maintain and/or Exceed s Key Performance Indicators: Sales, Retention, Productivity, Compliance, World Class Customer Service and Budget Management etc.
- Recruits staff and recommends applicants. Introduces, trains, and reinforces product knowledge. Supports the ongoing enhancement of selling.
- Supervises and tracks staff’s performance. Responsible for the performance management of Team
- Conducts employee performance appraisals.
- Overall supervision of the in store inventory process, ensures that stores have a continual supply of equipment and that monthly reports are submitted on time and accurate. Responsible for the bi annual physical inventory counts that are being conducted by finance and warehouse.
- Conducts internal audits regularly to maximize quality service and productivity of each representative.
- Overall supervision to ensure that the established policies, procedures and practices are adhered to by all staff. Including and not limited to Store appearance, merchandising, repairs or damages.
- Prepares and manages employee schedules
- Participates in the development of the budget. Maintains expenses. Supervises the store facilities expense relating to store operations and the P-card expenses.
- Approves and declines adjustments for subscriber accounts, Supervises the sales reps commission and discrepancies reports ensuring accuracy among staff. Act as the moderator on disputed transactions
- Participates in departmental meetings. Conducts regular team meetings and responds to any action items.
- As a representative of Cogeco’s management team, handles customer and employee matters confidentially; escalated issues in a timely manner through collaboration and effective communication skills.
- Provides leadership in change management through positive communication and positive behaviours.
- Liaises with other departments to provide feedback and address issues related to daily operations & projects.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- As part of his/her function, incumbent must take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety at work and that of employees under their responsibility, while seeing to the protection of the general public. They must make sure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing World Class service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
- College Diploma or combination of equivalent education and experience
- University degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in a retail environment required.
- 5-8 years customer service and sales exposure in a similar environment.
- Developed t coaching, problem solving, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills to effectively resolve employee and customer issues.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities and a team of representatives.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with others.
- Self-motivated and driven. Takes initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently. Thrives in a fast paced environment and embraces change
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles required.
- Must have previous experience working PCs and demonstrated navigation abilities within a Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of contact centre & retail operational procedures required.
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable and internet industries is an asset.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
- Some time may be spent standing when in a store and occasional lifting (at least 20 lbs) is required.