Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest retail chain of rural lifestyle products in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our team members’ commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,700 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with revenues of $7 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live “Life out Here”!
This position is responsible for coordinating the efforts of strategic initiatives and plans for Store Operations. This position will apply project management principles and practices in the overall planning, coordinating, and leading the efforts of large strategic projects including defining key project activities and milestones, tracking progress of key projects and keeping management informed on active initiatives. This position will work cross functionally to facilitate progress and good communications between all groups related to the project and implement proven business practices to lead projects. This individual will apply proven communication, and problem-solving skills to help improve the execution of project related business initiatives, promote long term strategic priorities and update Operations Leadership as required.
- Drive the management of strategy alignment process by collaborating with the executive sponsor to: define scope, ID, project needs, coordinate resources, and ensure progress meets timelines, facilitate project mapping to ID resource interdependencies, timeliness, and project requirements are met; schedule update meetings to ensure progress meets timelines. 50%
- Mentor, train, supervise and monitor goal achievement for a diverse team of professionals who are responsible for developing and leading store centric initiatives. This would include developing goals, strategies, policies, and procedures for the Store Project Management Team to optimize the performance and success of the Team. 15%
- Develop project execution best practices for short term and long term strategic planning and exhibit a disciplined, date driven approach to deliver the project plan. Includes partnering with business unit strategic initiative owners to ensure cross functional collaboration. 15%
- Identify potential project risks, implement appropriate courses of action to address project slippage and develop strategies to mitigate future risk. 10%
- Develop business requirements for new and current hardware/software that will be implemented in the stores and associated documentation for testing, training, and rollout strategy. 10%
- May perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of business administration or equivalent field; 7-10 years related work experience, retailexperience strongly preferred; demonstrated project management skills; any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong quantitative, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to translate into actionable plans (required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (required)
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills (required)
- Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail (required)
- Highly self-motivated and directed (required)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment (required)
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment (required)
- Ability to challenge others if necessary to deliver the project on time and on budget (required)