Join the Follett Team where employees are valued, respected and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations.
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States, and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services and print and digital content. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people's lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
We are looking for a results-driven Retail Store Managerto be responsible for the overall store management at the college's campus bookstore. Executes and provides leadership and oversight for all facets of bookstore operations including: hiring, training, supervising, developing and motivating of managers, supervisors, and team members; preparing and executing store operating plans; establishing and enhancing strong campus relations; guiding course materials activities; maintaining a high-level of customer service throughout the store; delivering on General Merchandise expectations; demonstrating expert-level knowledge of Follett systems and strategies; and completing other necessary store activities as needed.
Effectively executes company programs and initiatives. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedure. Resolves complaints and escalated issues in a timely and satisfactory manner. Partners with various support partners. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for an industry leader at a premier campus location, and want to pursue a rewarding career path, consider joining Follett, where employees are considered the cornerstone of Follett's business.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for full cycle talent management, to include recruiting, training, coaching and talent development for full-time, part-time and temporary team members. Works to identify key talent to support talent pipeline. Ensures effective performance management and maintains a culture of accountability. Develops cross-functional teams of engagedassociates with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards and business results. Provides staff training. Manages other staff managers and guides them in directing and coaching their staff, if applicable. Develops and promotes a team environment and acts as a leader within the store to all staff levels. Makes decisions relating to the selection and deployment of staff in order to meet sales and labor budgets.
- Prepares and implements detailed operating plans for all store departments for standard operations, busy rush periods, and special events (athletics, graduation). Shares plans with managers and team members and leads/drives them to execution. Analyzes store financials and makes determinations regarding how to positively impact future sales/expense opportunities. Plans and prepares for promotions. Demonstrates full understanding of capacity and velocity requirements, based on previous history.
- Establishes, enhances, and maintains positive, responsive relationships with campus community, particularly campus administration, athletics departments, faculty and staff. Seeks out new ways to partner with campus regarding remote selling opportunities, maintaining Follett's campus presence, and resolving complex issues on an as needed basis.
- Provides oversight and guidance and/or executes all facets related to course materials, to include managing and directing the work of the Course Materials Manager, if applicable. Reviews enrollment numbers, past history, inventory levels and current adoptions in order to ensure appropriate quantities for purchase and to buy back. Interacts with faculty and others as needed to gain access to adopted titles for upcoming semester far in advance to maximize profit.
- Develops a customer-centric experience and engages team members in the delivery/execution of that objective. Provides highest levels of customer service within the store and in all interactions with stakeholders. Manages the visual presentations to create an exciting shopping environment for customers.
- Executes corporate General Merchandise objectives, including allocation of floor space based on sales by department/sub-department. Modifies plans to fit specific needs.
- Participates in the execution of store-specific projects, such as renovations and reorganizations, or assists in projects relating to store opening or closings. May function as a regional trainer.
- Ensures all back office functions, including the preparation of invoices, process of chargebacks and coordination of stock shipments are completed in accordance with company directives and/or policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May have oversight, with varying levels of direct management responsibility, for one or more additional locations.
- Must have 5-7 years of retail management and strong customer service experience, including superior relationship building and influential skills.
- Bachelordegree or equivalent
- Retail management or strong customer service experience; academic retailexperience a plus; strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills; strong customer service, communication and presentation skills; strong analytical skills and financial acumen; advanced relationship building, a demonstrated ability to influence a team and customer outreach.
Come join a winning team at a company that has a long history of success and who values the contributions of its employees and where YOU will make a difference in Follett's success.