The purpose of this job is to manage all aspects of the retail business, providing leadership and vision to all managers and associates to ensure that desired results are achieved.
- Achieve revenue and EBITDA targets while managing P&L
- Recruit, train, supervise, and appraise managers and associates
- Ensure the proper staffing and coverage is in place through correct scheduling to forecasted sales
- Building strategies to maintain positive Customer Satisfaction scores
- Maintain company and store merchandising standards, overseeing efforts to consistently present an organized, clean, and fun in-store experience. This includes ensuring that merchandise is properly displayed, demo-ready and in accordance with planogram setup guidelines.
- Oversee price updates, ensuring they are effectively administered
- Oversee management of merchandise and inventory
- Manage and coach the performance of direct reports to expected levels, developing their skills and capabilities to ensure goals are met
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience)
- 4 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience)
- 3 years of experience leading teams
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Advanced understanding of Guitar Center retail systems and processes
- Skilled knowledge of Musical Instruments sold within Guitar Center (Guitars, Drums, Tech, etc.)