The Store Experience Manager is responsible for identifying, leading, and supporting cross-functional projects that support the delivery of a thoughtful, organized, and effective experience for store teams and Field Leadership. This leader thrives on finding creative ways to make the store experience better, and is passionate about driving results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a high performance team through lead, coaching, and developing direct reports that are empowered to optimize the store experience.
- Seek out opportunities to improve workflow and design solutions to solve problems, increase efficiencies, or improve current processes.
- Lead a team that works cross-functionally to implement process improvements, create detailed project plans to drive results and highlight ROI, and establish feedback loops to measure the success of operational changes.
- Translate complex technical or detailed information into a format that can be understood by a diverse audience using appropriate filters, priorities, communication vehicles, and templates.
- Facilitate effective communication between corporate, stores, and Field Leadership, acting as a Subject Matter Expert on all field and store operations and a champion of the Stores.
- Plan, lead and execute innovative field and store events, live and virtual, including technology and site selection, event planning, and creative presentation of content.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for operational processes and act as a representative of the field and stores in cross-functional interactions.
- Additional Duties as assigned by management
- Regular Attendance is required
- Staff supervision and Development – Yes
- Decision Making – Yes, examples below
- Drafts policy documents and resolves problems
- Provides data for decision support
- Negotiates on behalf of management
- Provides consultation or expert advice
- Participates in planning business objectives
- Represents the company in handling complaints, disputes or resolving grievances
- Travel – Some to Limited Travel, less than 10%
- Location – Corporate HQ,
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a communications or business focus preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing environment including retail or hospitality required; field and corporate retail or hospitality experience preferred
Job Qualifications- Skills
- Organizational Agility – understand the purpose and stakeholders of practices, policies, and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking – Innovates through analysis of issues and trends, anticipates opportunities.
- Managerial Courage - Ability to act as an expert and champion of the Store Teams and Field Leadership, protecting store priorities and workload.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - ability to translate ambiguous or complex processes into effective, succinct and clear communications
- Planning - Excellent time management and planning skills, organized with the ability to set objectives and goals, multitask, follow-up, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Drive for Results - ability to lead, execute, and carry out strategic and operational plans and meet deadlines by managing and measuring work.
- Presentation Skills – effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, in groups, with peers, direct reports, and supervisors. Can change tactics midstream when presentation is not effective.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Strong project management skills
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year.