THE J.CREW FACTORY STORE DIRECTOR
(Salaried, Exempt, Reports to the Market Director)
What The Role Is All About
Our Store Directors
- Are entrepreneurs who cultivate talented teams and run profitable stores.
- View customers through an omni lens and develop strategies to drive incremental sales.
- Ensure all resources are aligned and focused on delivering a service experience that exceeds expectations.
- Care about everyone on the team, provide challenging assignments and construct compelling development plans.
- Make training a priority and ensure teams have everything they need to perform productively.
- Create an environment that supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
What We Expect You To Bring
Starting on day one, you should:
- Enjoy working hard and pursue everything with a need to finish.
- Be curious and color outside the lines, unearthing value in unexpected places.
- Be energized by problem solving and act and decide without having the total picture.
- Cope with change effectively and shift gears comfortably.
- Diffuse high-tension situations quickly while maintaining productive relationships.
- Be able to be counted on when times are tough.
- Speak up and be willing to be the only champion for an idea.
- Have a nose for talent and the ability to differentiate between real skills and bravado.
What You Can Expect
To be part of a team of the best and brightest that:
- Believes in our products and services.
- Knows the customer and delivers our value, design and style message.
- Maximizes opportunities to grow the business and consistently questions what can be done better.
- Generates ideas to evolve the business.
- Is market-aware, forward thinking and global.
- Fosters collaboration and productivity.
How We Measure Results
We expect that you will:
- Ensure all selling floor shifts meet or exceed the SPH goal.
- Ensure that the customer experience and achieving SPH are prioritized over workload.
- Be a situational leader and align your style with the needs of everyone on the team.
- Recognize associate contributions to support motivation and engagement.
- Provide the communication and tools needed for the team to achieve their KPIs.
- Ensure all associates receive requisite training and shadowing and apply skills on the job.
- Maintain merchandising and visual execution to standard.
Our Store Directors:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combo of education and experience.
- Have 5 or more years of management experience with similar scope.
- Have a voice, tailor communication to their audience and write succinctly and professionally.
- Process information and operate store systems accurately.
- Are available when we are busy, including: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Are facile with technology and apps and familiar with industry-related blogs and feeds.
- Must bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds |18 kilos.
- Must regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.