neXtore is a fully integrated premier business dedicated to Construction, Design and Fleet services based in North America; owned by the parent company Luxottica. Worldwide, neXtore designs, builds and manages projects and programs that successfully deliver innovative solutions to clients and communities.
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
The RetailConstructionProject Manager provides on-siteconstructionsupervision andconstructionschedule management and works in a team environment. Demonstrates reliability, leadership, self-motivation, professional communication skills, and goal oriented ambition. TheConstructionProject Manager ensures the efficient on-time and on-budget openings of new or renovatedretaillocations of low or medium complexity, striving for excellence and superior customer service.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforces established design standards and brand image.
- Flawlessly executes and owns store construction process for new retail stores and/or luxury boutiques from inception to punch sign off.
- Leads execution of assigned projects of medium complexity or high volume of lower complexity projects, including driving for results from all external vendors and cross functional partners.
- Reviews construction documents for accuracy, feasibility and compliance with brand standards and provides feedback to CD production team. Prepares accurate material take-offs.
- Prepares and manages constructionschedules, daily field reports, change order logs and other relevant project documentation.
- Secures delivery of materials and services.
- Monitors job site activity to ensure alignment with project schedule and quality of work.
- Chairs pre-construction meetings with landlord and contractors.
- Ensures efficient coordination among contractors, vendors and other construction team members.
- Prepares and manages schedules for vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Proactively develops, manages and monitors project budgets to ensure project profitability.
- Regularly reviews and provides input for Finance department project control reports.
- Coordinates efficient and effective use of internal resources to secure adequate project support, while safeguarding project bottom line.
- Reviews and approves contractor’s applications for payment and change orders. Reviews and approves vendor invoices.
- Degree, study and/or experience in Architecture, Engineering or related fields
- 8+ years of retailconstruction project management experience
- Direct management of luxury construction in malls and street locations in major US cities
- Previous experience as project manager with major retail brands
- Prior experience as project manager for general contractor
- Excellent project management skills, computer skills and communications skills
- Superior functional excellence and organizational skills
- Willingness to work off hours or days when required by project needs