Storage Team Lead
11 - 15 years experience •
CSRA is looking to hire a Storage SME to lead our Storage Team. The Storage SME will lead a team of 6 Senior engineers and provide assistance to the customer with the design, implementation and ongoing support of the SEC storage environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for leading and managing the day-to-day operations of the storage area network (SAN) team.
- Monitor time and approve timesheets
- Oversees all aspects of the SAN architecture, providing insight on the design, backup strategies, and networking
- Manages project and workloads of SAN team, overseeing system analysis activities, troubleshooting, and incident management.
- Plans workloads, projects, and other administrative tasks associated with the management of the SAN.
- Management and operation of a large (23 PB) STorage infrastructure, that includes NetApp and EMC (Isilon, VNX, Centera), and Nimble
- Create scripts to automate routine administrative tasks and provide system level reports
- Leverage experience to provide input to improvements (People, Process, Tools, and Technology) in the environment, and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Resolve complex issues independently; coordinate and communicate changes and issues with the client and team members and determine root cause
- Install new storage, and configure in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform software and firmware installation, configuration, upgrade support and maintenance
- Support user requests for permission changes, file restores, virtual machine restores, new storage, and expansion requests
- Support yearly disaster recovery exercises
- Lead root cause analysis of storage incidents and problems
- Support Linux, Windows and Solaris storage tasks
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- 12 years of enterprise storage management with both EMC (VNX/Centera/Isilon) and NetApp (7-Mode and Clustered Data ONTAP)
- 5 years NetApp including experience with SnapMirror
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator Certification or equivalent relevant experience
- Must have experience performing OS upgrades, disk & disk shelf firmware upgrades and other related upgrades
- Must experience configuring storage controllers following industry best practice and security baselines
- Knowledge of CIFS, NFS, and FCP design, configuration, administration and best practices
- Experience on tasks such as aggregate creation, volume and LUN provisioning, CIFS & NFS shares and replacement hard disk reassignment
- Experience in analyzing, resolving or recommending solutions to highly complex technical problems such, as security issues, performance issues and reliability issues.
- Experience supporting application storage requirements, testing and implementations
It would be great if you also had:
- Ability to configure optimization, performance, and health monitoring
- Experience with DFM or OnCommand Insight
- Experience with one or more, SnapManager for SQL, SnapManager for Exchange, SnapDrive, Unified Manager, and SnapCenter
- Experience with OneFS and Insight
- Experience managing backup infrastructure; NetBackup version 7 or higher preferred
- Basic understanding of VMware infrastructure specifically datastore provisioning and configuration
- General understanding of networking concepts such as VLAN, trunking, LACP, IP addressing and routing
- Advanced knowledge of file services administration and permissions management and file auditing
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Windows environment, including Active Directory, DFS Namespace, CIFS file sharing, and windows clustering