The Storage Solutions Architect will oversee the architecture, design and implementation of storage and data protection initiatives supporting Mattel’s global IT infrastructure. The individual will also be responsible for establishing design standards within the storage tower and ensuring our operational teams adhere to these standards. In addition to oversight of the storage environment, the architect will be expected to understand interoperability with other technology towers as needed (such as virtualization, compute, and networks). As such, a broad understanding of Data Center and Cloud technologies is desirable. This position is a combination of limited hands-on configuration, design, engineering, and technical oversight and reports directly to the Director of Infrastructure Systems Engineering.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Develop and define architectural standards for all storage platforms.
- Lead SME for global storage environments including NAS, SAN, DAS, cloud and hyperconverged.
- Lead SME for system backup and archive environments.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations teams to develop operating processes and standards the storage environments.
- Analyzes the current architecture to identify deficiencies and develop implementation plans for improvements.
- Analyzes application/business requirements and develop multi-platform design solutions.
- Help develop and outsourced team members.
- Provide SME level 3 / level 4 support to the Operations team.
- Global responsibly to work with all GIT teams to ensure that storage function is supporting the current and future needs of the business.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience working in a global enterprise IT environment.
- Experience planning, designing, implementing projects within an Enterprise IT environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring and optimization tools.
- Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously with varying levels of priority. Working within and resources.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written ) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate:
- Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate:
- At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute:
- We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.