We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
- Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet a customer’s business needs. Creates and maintains effective customer relationships to secure customer satisfaction. Provides the deepest level of product- and technology-specific expertise available to customers from anyone in the sales organization in deal pursuit situations. Aligned to specific products or product-lines.
- Participates in deep-dive discussions and evaluates customer's current business needs and desired end-state infrastructure solution to translate the technical view into the implementation view and determine implementation steps necessary to meet complex technical requirements. Delivers in-depth comparative analysis of alternative proposals to meet complex technical solution requirements.
- Maintains excellent communication with customer, with key focus on IT managers, administrators, and specialists.
- Uses pipeline insights to prioritize high potential deal pursuit activities with appropriate resource investment. Communicates to the account team the tangible offer value in terms of financial return and achievement of business goals.
- Provides direction and guidance to improve processes and establish policies. Works with partners to identify gaps and address needs to accelerate channel business.
- Assesses the impact of new technologies on the company’s technical solution portfolio and translates this understanding into practice and knowledge sharing activities for broader presales peers, account managers and partners.
- Actively monitors competitive activities and their client advocates within accounts to anticipate and plans for competitivethreats. Increases the companyshareof wallet through competitive takeout, demonstrating technical superiority, and leveraging other company services for better TCO/ROI.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or from technical university.
- 8–12years ofexperiencein technology industry with focus on technical consulting and solution selling.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates expert technical skills in assigned area of specialization.
- Expert knowledge of the company offerings, strategic initiatives, current trends, competitor products and strategies within area of responsibility.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills and mastery over English and local languages
- Demonstrates expert consultative selling techniques, including active listening, framing, white boarding, storytelling etc.
- Knowledge of company business, technical tools, and standard CRM systems and tools.
- Advanced experience with using social media, blogging, and related information sharing technologies.
- Broad knowledge of partner´s and non-standard partner´s offerings and how/when to leverage them for deals within area of specialization
- Has successfully completed knowledge-based as well as one or more experienced-based industry certifications.
- Strong project management knowledge or experience with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including appropriate due diligence.
- Excellent business and financial acumen, with an understanding of financial return and achievement of business goals.
- Experience participating in solution configurations and the creation of PoCs to meet customer requirements.